Trends I hope continue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trends I hope continue

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Check out these key stats from Saturday's game. Yes, I know it's preseason and vs. the Texans ... blah, blah, blah.

3RD DOWN EFFICIENCY: 7-13. 54% ain't too shabby. And there were a ton of 3rd-and-1 situations we converted on. I don't know, about you, but I used to HATE 3rd and 1.

AVG. YARDS PER CARRY: 3.9. While not spectacular, it'll keep the chains moving. (Thanks for the correction, Chambers).

AVG. YARDS PER PLAY: 4.9. This is a hallmark of the Norv Turner offensive machine. This spells grinding drives that will wear out opposing defenses and keep ours fresh!

:up:

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Check out these key stats from Saturday's game. Yes, I know it's preseason and vs. the Texans ... blah, blah, blah.

3RD DOWN EFFICIENCY: 7-13. 54% ain't too shabby. And there were a ton of 3rd-and-1 situations we converted on. I don't know, about you, but I used to HATE 3rd and 1.

AVG. YARDS PER CARRY: 3.9. That'll put you in the top half, if not asmong the league leaders.

AVG. YARDS PER PLAY: 4.9. This is a hallmark of the Norv Turner offensive machine. This spells grinding drives that will wear out opposing defenses and keep ours fresh!

:up:

3.9 YARDS A CARRY WON'T PUT YOU IN THE TOP HALF OF LEAGUE LEADERS.

We were decent against a bad team. I'm not sure what that really says. It is too bad we had the Texans for our most important preseason game.

This has got to be the worst preseason schedule in the history of the team.

Thos 3rd and 1 run plays are why that run avg. was so low. All you want on those plays are a few yards for the first. Plus, being in goal-line run situations keep your avg down because a 2-yard is a TD but makes the avg down.

We'll be fine at that, I'm more worried about OUR D's Rush avg. against.

Back
Top Bottom