Trent Dilfer compares Mark Sanchez to John Elway | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trent Dilfer compares Mark Sanchez to John Elway

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On ESPN's the Herd, Dilfer (the Sanchez knob-licker) compared Sanchez to Elway when asked by Colin what he thought of Sanchez' performance yesterday where he only had a 6 yard avg for the first 3 quarters. He said he was being reigned in by conservative coaching but lets it fly at the end of games to win, like Elway in the early part of his career.

Unbelievable, Mark Sanchez (the luckiest QB in the league) can do no harm. FYI TRENT, take a look at his last 3 drives!

FUMBLE
PUNT
2 YARDS

(he almost threw an INT on one of these last drives too)

yeah man, chad henne is so much better. except that he was unlucky his parents couldn't give him better genes.

what ****ty luck

Why are you worried about Sanchez? From the looks of things, you should worry about Henne and your team because from what I can see, you have a lot of worrying to do!

Having said that, you can continue to try put down Sanchez. The fact is the kid is a winner. All he does is make plays. As a Jets fan, I am quite happy with his development. Don't give two craps about Henne; only fin fans continue to try and make this comparison to justify.....I am still trying to figure that one out.

But to each his own. Don't get too carried away. Before looking at us, I think you need to worry about being on the level with the Bills. They just may pass you for 3rd place this year.

judging Mark Sanchez is extremely hard to do, because its so confusing to try and determine the reasons why his performance at one point during the game is better or worse than his performance at another time during the very same game. Like sunday night, Sanchez starts off efficiently going 5/5, then he goes through a terrible stretch where the offense has no Rhythm, then suddenly right before the half he goes 8/8 on a 90 some odd yard drive and throws a touchdown. Then he gets hot in the second half (minus the 1 int) throwing the ball all over the place to holmes, to mason, to keller, and burress as well who had a TD, and then as soon as the Jets tie the game he got cold again. I really have to wonder if Brian Schottenheimer, just like his father is fixated on being a conservative play caller by principle when his team is either tied or winning because it seems the jets can only move the ball, and by extension Sanchez only plays at a really high level when they are losing.

Sanchez was under constant pressure against the Cowboys, that is why he couldn't throw downfield. Plus he isn't that comfortable with Mason and Burress yet. His comfort guys are Holmes, Keller, and Tomlinson. Our OC had a stupid game plan, come out in a spread and leave 5 man protections while the Cowboys have the best pass rusher in the league with Ware, let him be 1 on 1 with Wayne Hunter. We should have had extra protection and ran the ball more. Chad Henne had 2 balls thrown right into the hands of the Pats CBs but were dropped with Bodden and McCourty, so please with the luck.

Defenses are behind the curve right now, the Ravens are the most impressive team of the weekend IMO. They dominated the Steelers and they did it in all phases, their defense dominated, they ran the ball, and got good play from their QB.

Most 300+ yard passing games in a week ever in the NFL, the lockout and new training camp rules must be hurting the defenses. I hope the defenses catch up because it could be a boring season.

On ESPN's the Herd, Dilfer (the Sanchez knob-licker) compared Sanchez to Elway when asked by Colin what he thought of Sanchez' performance yesterday where he only had a 6 yard avg for the first 3 quarters. He said he was being reigned in by conservative coaching but lets it fly at the end of games to win, like Elway in the early part of his career.

Unbelievable, Mark Sanchez (the luckiest QB in the league) can do no harm. FYI TRENT, take a look at his last 3 drives!

FUMBLE
PUNT
2 YARDS

(he almost threw an INT on one of these last drives too)

Yeah ... that lucky Sanchez! Only threw for 335 yards and 2 TD's ...What an embarassment! In fact, did you know that in Elway's enitre career he never fumbled, or had a stalled drive? What an amazing career.

Anyway ... Sanchez can play in this league - there's no doubt about that. But there haven't been too many John Elways in our lifetime so I'd be careful about comparing ANYONE to him. He's probably Top 10 all time.

Yeah ... that lucky Sanchez! Only threw for 335 yards and 2 TD's ...What an embarassment! In fact, did you know that in Elway's enitre career he never fumbled, or had a stalled drive? What an amazing career.

Anyway ... Sanchez can play in this league - there's no doubt about that. But there haven't been too many John Elways in our lifetime so I'd be careful about comparing ANYONE to him. He's probably Top 10 all time.

I believe he said Sanchez reminds him of Elway early in his career. Everyone knows his playoff heroics...but check the stats during Elway's first 4 or 5 seasons. He wasn't top '10 all time' early in his career, he was average to above average at best.

Your definition of "compared" is slightly skewed as to what Dilfer actually did compare lol.

You heard Sanchez and Elway in the same sentence and felt the need to bash Sanchez for no other reason than to bash him.

Clearly, Sanchez is not in Elway's league.

But as far as the first couple of seasons in the league, I see the similarities that Dilfer spoke about as far as how they were developed.

It's really not that big of a deal that Dilfer said this.

Back
Top Bottom