Trouble brewing in New England Walker to NE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trouble brewing in New England Walker to NE?

Michael Smith also reported that the Saints, Broncos, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots were interested.....so theres at least a 5/6 chance they dont get him :). I'd hate to see them get him though, because for a 3rd rounder which the Packers will probably end up getting, he's a steal.

But remember, they have the cap space, and lost Givens. Pretty good chance Billichek makes a big move to silence the offseason nay sayers in NE, and fill a much needed hole.

I'd hate to see him in NE though. DAMN.

I'd hate to see him in NE. I don't know how interested Bill would be though. They've got the money, but they've never had a "big name- big money" WR before.

kidnap billichek untill someone else takes Walker!!! if walker goes to NE and stays healthy, that can cause us a problem

NickJr. said:
I'd hate to see him in NE. I don't know how interested Bill would be though. They've got the money, but they've never had a "big name- big money" WR before.

If he goes to NE then we def. need to draft Jimmy Williams he is available at 16.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
If he goes to NE then we def. need to draft Jimmy Williams he is available at 16.

Williams is overrated. Cromartie is the top of the CB class.

remember that walker is coming off an injury and has a reputation as a malcontent in green bay. i know belichick has brought in guys like that before (corey dillon), but lets hope dis move (if it happens) backfires on them

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4830013

Walker visited the New Orleans Saints and took a physical on Thursday. According to an ESPN report he will visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.
The Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, and Philadelphia Eagles are also in trade talks with the Packers

This guy ain't coming to NE. No way we pay him the dough he wants with only one proven year. If we're both lucky, NEW Orleans will scoop him up and neither of our teams will have to worry about him being a boom for Denver come post-season.

He would look good in a Pats uniform

javon20walker-1.jpg

I have no idea if this is true or would ever happen, but we do have a lot of picks to play with:

Round Pick From
Name
1 21 Assigned
2 20 Assigned
3 11 Baltimore
3 22 Assigned
4 9 Detroit
4 21 Assigned
5 3 Oakland
6 22 Assigned
6 36 Compensatory Pick
6 37 Compensatory Pick
7 21 Assigned

Also, Walker's recent activity doesn't seem to mesh with us. Who knows. Also, his injury status is a question mark.

I doubt we get him, but whoever gets him, provided he is healthy, will get a hell of a receiver.

Dirtywater said:
I have no idea if this is true or would ever happen, but we do have a lot of picks to play with:

Round Pick From
Name

1 21 Assigned
2 20 Assigned
3 11 Baltimore
3 22 Assigned
4 9 Detroit
4 21 Assigned
5 3 Oakland
6 22 Assigned
6 36 Compensatory Pick
6 37 Compensatory Pick
7 21 Assigned

Also, Walker's recent activity doesn't seem to mesh with us. Who knows. Also, his injury status is a question mark.

I doubt we get him, but whoever gets him, provided he is healthy, will get a hell of a receiver.

Well DW, this rumor by Michael Smith seems to work out mathematically. According to Smith, the Patriots would be sending their first 3 picks in the 2006 Draft and their 1st rounder in 2007 to the Packers for Javon Walker and the 5th pick overall in the 2006 Draft.

According to the Draft pick value chart, the first 3 picks in the 2006 Draft for the Patriots have the following values: 800, 380, 215 respectively. That would equate to a total of 1,395.

In addition, the Patriots are said to be giving up their 2007 1st rounder in the deal. The value of a future draft pick is said to be equivalent to one round less. Therefore the Patriots 2007 1st rounder would equate to a 2006 2nd rounder. At the Patriots current position, the value of their future pick would be 370. 1,395 + 370 = 1,765.

The value of Green Bay's 5th overall pick in this years draft is 1,500. 1,765 - 1,500 = 265. A value of 265 would equate to the first pick in the 3rd round of the 2006 Draft. Therefore, the Patriots would be recieving Javon Walker for a high 3rd rounder.

I think if this deal is actually true, the Patriots have to make that move.

I hope Walker does go to the Pats...he is a malcontent and will bring them down even farther.

Roman529 said:
I hope Walker does go to the Pats...he is a malcontent and will bring them down even farther.

Just like Dillon.

Back
Top Bottom