troy smith=cleo lemon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

troy smith=cleo lemon

As Colonel Potter used to say "Horse Hockey!!!"

If Troy Smith were playing for a lesser college than OSU, he'd be another Cleo Lemon as well. I think you are forgetting that big name teams' players tend to get bigger names than they sometimes deserve. Take Joey Harrington, for instance, or Ryan Leaf. Guys who become great come from all over the country or are you forgetting an "undersized" MLB who got drafted in the later rounds by the name of Zach Thomas?

however, troy smith was recruited by OSU because of his talents, athletic ability and his potential. If they were similar in any way other than "style" dont you think lemon would have had interest from other bigtime schools?

Are you suggesting that college recruiters and nfl scouts are 100% accurate in their assessment of players. When did this become a science? Just as they make errors in judgment about who is going to be good; they make decisions about who will be bad. There is no sure formula. Draft status should only be used as a guide. The truly successful coach goes against the grain and make decisions for himself. Some players develop later; some just happen to get bad breaks and others get undeserved breaks, etc.

Troy Smith has better numbers then Mike Vick comming out of college. Mike Vick was taken #1 overall and is shorter then Troy Smith. This thread is stupid.

Troy Smith has better numbers then Mike Vick comming out of college. Mike Vick was taken #1 overall and is shorter then Troy Smith. This thread is stupid.

But, but, but, Vick can, umm, run!! Yeah, thats what we need, our QB running every other down instead of throwing it!! He will be 10x better than smith can hope to be, next year he will break out!

Thank you my friend, for bringing much sense to this board.

And also to Tyler, my thanks.

Daunte, lol. Develop Cleo as a future starter, lol. Haha, this stuff amuses me greatly, takes my mind off the Saban 'Bama debacle :)

Cleo Lemon couldn't hold Troy Smith's jock strap, the guy wins the Heisman and now is being compared to a third string quarterback...it's totally ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom