Troy Williams, Sleeper Qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Williams, Sleeper Qb

Tekka2169

Practice Squad
Reaction score
NFL Network reported that the Dolphins may be interested in Troy Williams as a sleeper option. I don't follow college football so I know nothing of the University of Utah QB. Thoughts?

He was the number 1 dual thread QB coming out of High School. Remember this front office is willing to give second chances, and have said they value players who have had to encounter some road blocks in their lives. Doesn't hurt to test this kid out.

I'm all about drafting 2-3 later round QB's.

I can't say I know much about this one though.

I'll take 4 QB's over the next 2 drafts.

6 QB's in 4 years? Why the heck not. Keep 2 that can play, trade 1 with perceived value, cut 3 that can't hang.

And then draft ANOTHER QB.

If Miami wants to go 0-16 and secure the first pick in 2020 then he's perfect to be our starting QB.

Without doing anything fancy to confirm it, I would say just based on perception that his allure has always been his combination of really strong arm and really great athleticism. I would say similar to Khalil Tate that way.

Other than that though, it is a bit tough to see the attraction.

Can't even find any game film on him. Only video is like a 1 minute highlight of a few throws and a run. I think its safe to say the guy will be an undrafted camp arm

The apparent interest in Troy Williams may say more about what the Dolphins are looking for from a leadership and character standpoint in their QB prospects than what they are looking for physically or stylistically.

The apparent interest in Troy Williams may say more about what the Dolphins are looking for from a leadership and character standpoint in their QB prospects than what they are looking for physically or stylistically.

What kind of leader was this guy?

If anything I would associates the physical (mobile. dual-threat) with the team possibly favoring Lock.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228646194.html

"Meanwhile, the Dolphins have booked a Friday workout with Troy Williams, a former top recruit and Utah quarterback who was out of football last year.

According to a source, the Dolphins were impressed with Williams when he threw at Southern Cal’s and Utah State’s pro days in recent weeks and were intrigued enough to invite him to their headquarters for an audition.

Williams, once rated the nation’s No. 1 dual threat quarterback by Rivals, began his college career at Washington and then transferred to Utah. He threw for 2757 yards with 15 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2016, but played in just six games in 2017, with two touchdowns and four picks.

He had workouts with the Seahawks and Chargers last year but didn’t sign. Williams is not eligible for this draft and can sign with any team as a free agent."

Sure, why not?

Back
Top Bottom