TSN's Dolphins Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TSN's Dolphins Report

Thanks for the post.

I loved this quote

"QB Jay Fiedler overcame early back problems in training camp and looked sensational overall. If he can stay healthy, Fiedler appears ready to have a breakout season. "

That would be exactly what we need.:)

Wow! I don't know if Fiedler's name has ever been mentioned in the same sentence with the word "sensational" unless there was a lot of sarcasm involved...

Honestly, I think Jay can be better than the so highly regarded Rich Gannon... I mean really, Gannon has always been a Journeyman, mediocre QB... But for the last 3 years all of a sudden he is Joe Montana.... I aint buying it... Fiedler is smarter, scrambles better, is as accurate and every bit as strong as Rich. If he can stay healthy, in 2 years HE will be respected around the league the way Gannon is today.

Gannon has stayed healthy and has a better arm. That said Fiedler can be a good QB. I would really like to see him throw the ball this season. Maybe that extra muscle will give him what he needs to bomb that deep ball well.

Originally posted by Jaj
Gannon has stayed healthy and has a better arm. That said Fiedler can be a good QB. I would really like to see him throw the ball this season. Maybe that extra muscle will give him what he needs to bomb that deep ball well.

Jay is no Gannon, I agree to that 100%, but Jay can be a Troy Aikman. There was nothing special about Troy, think about the Fins offense and the offense of Dallas back in thier hay day, the only difference between the two is Dallas had a massive O line, besides that, this team is almost molded the same way....

Originally posted by Emskirch

Jay is no Gannon, I agree to that 100%, but Jay can be a Troy Aikman. There was nothing special about Troy, think about the Fins offense and the offense of Dallas back in thier hay day, the only difference between the two is Dallas had a massive O line, besides that, this team is almost molded the same way....

Oh really? Whats so special about Gannon? This guy has a MEDIOCRE arm at best. OK, he makes good decisions and is an accurate short to mid range passer, but he doesn't scramble as well as Jay, and he is much older... I just don't get why everyone thinks Gannon is so awesome... He's a dink and dunk system QB, period.

They also had a legitimate #1 WR(Irvin) and proven threat at TE(Novacek) that could take the pressure off him and the running game. At this point, Fins don't have them. That's not to say Chambers and McMichael couldn't one day

Gannon has the stronger arm. Not a cannon, but if you see his throw to Porter against the Jets in the playoffs. It was tighter and stronger.

Originally posted by Emskirch

wow! so you think Gannon is better then Troy was?
Gannon is highly overrated, and that is just silly.

Okay what about Fiedler's 30 yard strike to Mcknight for a TD in the backof the endzone whilst scrambling....

And look at the Interception from the pic in my avatar... Gannon threw that ball soft and short, Surtain adjusted better than Rice and got the pick to seal the game.

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Oh really? Whats so special about Gannon? This guy has a MEDIOCRE arm at best. OK, he makes good decisions and is an accurate short to mid range passer, but he doesn't scramble as well as Jay, and he is much older... I just don't get why everyone thinks Gannon is so awesome... He's a dink and dunk system QB, period.

I agree...Cannon better arm ? No.......Actually Jay arm is a notch higher than Gannon.People just make speculation that he has better arm because of Gannon stats.

Originally posted by Jaj
Gannon has the stronger arm. Not a cannon, but if you see his throw to Porter against the Jets in the playoffs. It was tighter and stronger.

:hmmm:

I have sunday ticket and sometimes I just spent whole sunday watching games so I get a chance to watch other teams play.Gannon has an average arm and believe it or not Jay has a stronger arm.Like I said Gannon in another thread that Gannon arm is only a notch higher than Pennington and Garcia.

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Whew I guess I lit a match on this one, lol...

I still think his arm is better then Jay's, and I like Jay... and I think making good decisions is more important then scrambling... Jay last year had 28 rushes for 99 yards, a 3.5 average. not too shabby, Gannon, sucked last year rushing, but the year before that he was 63-231 and in 2000 was 89-529.

Yes Gannon is older. But in contrast, Gannon has a job next year, will Jay?

I don't think Gannon is awesome, I do believe he is better then Jay.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
They also had a legitimate #1 WR(Irvin) and proven threat at TE(Novacek) that could take the pressure off him and the running game. At this point, Fins don't have them. That's not to say Chambers and McMichael couldn't one day

I agree clump, but I believe Chambers and McMike have the potential to do that.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

wow! so you think Gannon is better then Troy was?
Gannon is highly overrated, and that is just silly.

Hrmmm, in a way yes.. at this stage of his career, I would say yes, overall, I would take Troy, also, Troy had a decent back behind him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom