Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

Justin Herbert plays under extreme duress for the Chargers. Pocket collapses constantly.
Sounds like a bunch of “excuses”

Nevermind the Tannehill years, or earlier in Tuas career, where plenty of us yearned so bad for a better OL.

Great QBs overcome inept OL’s I thought???

Tua gets rid of the ball immediately. He’s not asked to read the defense.
That's a ridiculous statement. Pre snap reads are crucial in executing quick plays. Not only is it essential for the QB, the receivers have to read it the same way.

Now, if you meant he is not "asked" to go through progressions, that would be more accurate, but if he is being coached that way within scheme and game plans, that doesn't indicate he can't.

I do think the "get the ball out immediately" philosophy has limitations, and I would like to see McD expand that philosophy, but if you are implying Tua is incapable of going through progressions at a high level, I think you are wrong.

I don’t understand why you would think that. He needs to improve when the play breaks down, but he’s a good fit for this offense because he can read defenses so quickly.
He clearly doesn't understand or deliberately tries right present a narrative that Tua cant read defenses... Anyone who watches this offense should by now, understand it's timing based hence the quick pre cut throws. In fact, Tua is special in this sense.

Do you honestly think other teams wouldn't want this as well? This style of offense helps mask deficiencies in the Oline. Common sense man.

I do think the "get the ball out immediately" philosophy has limitations, and I would like to see McD expand that philosophy
It does and to a certain extent, I think the OL injuries made it a necessity at some point later in the year.

The absolute destruction of ANY defensive gameplan against this offense would be the ability to also be able to take an emtpy back field snap with time to navigate.

These guys practice all week to get to a spot as fast as they can and get their ****ing ankles broken because the spot suddently becomes 10 yards somewhere else 2 seconds later. Thats how you make brains explode.

Some people don't like excuses and I'm good with that generally. **** excuses is usually good practice. But as an outside observer, you get the leeway to use context without the negative effects.

The counter 4 seconds concepts to the under 2 seconds one is just too obvious for a guy like Mike to simply miss... It's just not because he didnt figure it out, he just couldnt execute it with the OL compositiin later in the season...

If it was that simple you`d think your hero would be able to get rid of the ball quickly to to avoid all that pressure .
That’s such a bad ass post, it checks the post and it highlights what our qbs superpowers are and why they just can’t be replicated.

Ignorant folks think Tua is propped by great receivers, smart folks know Tua’s type of game exploits their talents at the highest level.

They need to catch up.

Some other folks can’t understand the concept that it is harder to throw to smaller wicked fast receivers is this type of offense then it is to slow bigger receivers.

They will say ughhhh duhh, no it’s it’s not, faster receivers can make adjustments lol.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom