Tua should be half price, what do we do with the money? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua should be half price, what do we do with the money?

ppl are just unrealistic.
Yes weve probably seen the best tua is ever going to be, but you can win with a qb like that. Sorry but im not going back to going into another 20 years of qbless purgatory. We need to focus on rebuilding this oline and getting a hammer at running back to get us through these type of games. Being down that many key guys on defense and having a weak interior line also due to injury was alot to overcome. Just gotta hope they can move on from some guys and have cap to put pieces we need in place to succeed next year.

ppl are just unrealistic.
Yes weve probably seen the best tua is ever going to be, but you can win with a qb like that. Sorry but im not going back to going into another 20 years of qbless purgatory. We need to focus on rebuilding this oline and getting a hammer at running back to get us through these type of games. Being down that many key guys on defense and having a weak interior line also due to injury was alot to overcome. Just gotta hope they can move on from some guys and have cap to put pieces we need in place to succeed next year.

Being able to win with a guy and paying him top dollar are two entirely different things. You won't win with this guy if he's in the top half of the league in QB salary. He has more talent surrounding him than most QB's and cannot deliver at all in the big games.

Sure, had the D been healthy he would have had more opportunities and less points to overcome but you don't pay franchise QB money for average. He does have some elite traits, but just having a guy that can scramble on any given down means another thing that needs to be accounted for. It does as much for dropping the safeties as handing the ball off for 5 yards a pop, maybe more. '

Also, some of those elite traits disappear in December/January because the wind whips up. Ball placement is easy enough when the conditions are good.

sorry neither of those 2 qb are better than tua. Tua is going to get top 10 qb money. I doubt he resets the market or becomes a top 5. When you have a decent qb you have to pay, or we end up back with the jets and patriots.

Tannehill>Tua
Fitzpatrick>Tua

Disagree on both. Tua is better than Tannehill and Fitzpatrick was a bum ass journeyman. Fitzpatrick gets way too much respect from this fanbase when all he did was ruin our chances at Joe Burrow by tossing up 50/50 balls — it took a career year from DeVante ****ing Parker to make him look decent. Fitz can go to hell for all I care. Never understood the infatuation for such an average at best old QB.

Does not matter nonetheless.

None of the 3 are capable of leading a team to the SB and winning.

Realistically I don’t see why the Dolphins dont let him play out his rookie deal and then either franchise him or let him walk. The franchise tag for a QB is a huge price to pay but it’s better than tethering yourself to a guy for 5yrs who just isn’t gonna get it done (Tannehill 2.0).

This gives the Dolphins more time to figure out what to do.

In my unrealistic Madden world, I trade him this off-season for whatever I can get, even if it’s a second rounder and start over knowing he’s never gonna win any big games. I would happily suck for a few seasons if it meant we get a true franchise QB and a team that can really compete.

If youre hell bent on getting rid of tua. Your going to have to draft an early round qb this year, let Tua ride out his 5th, and hope the qb you selected pans out. I still say it would be easier to draft the few lineman and rb we need.

If youre hell bent on getting rid of tua. Your going to have to draft an early round qb this year, let Tua ride out his 5th, and hope the qb you selected pans out. I still say it would be easier to draft the few lineman and rb we need.
We need more than that.

Many teams with strong rosters have upgraded the QB position and won big Chiefs, Rams, Eagles come to mind
True, but those teams also have good o-lines... something that Miami can't do. Miami has some talent, but they need a tougher, physically dominant o-line and better playcalling on both sides of the ball along with a new QB. This means clean house from Grier on down.

I've never been a huge Tua fan, going back to Alabama. I also haven't been a huge detractor, but I have always pointed out his limitations.

Today, we saw what we can come to expect from the offence on the road in the playoffs. The injuries are mostly on D, even if the O is banged up a little.

Bad play calls? Yes but mostly they passed when they should have run.

If people want to pay this man $40M+ then I think you need to re-evaluate your position. I'd be paying on his rookie deal and franchising him if necessary.
I I I, you realize noone gives a damn? O is banged up a little? Lol

Back
Top Bottom