Tua take... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua take...

Chase Young of Ohio State is the safest pick in the draft, as close to a sure thing as you can get. Drafting a QB high, especially one who is injury prone is a high stakes gamble. I would side with caution and go with a safe pick, Tua's stock is dropping fast and could be had later in the first round.

He will not be a Hall of Famer, he has been injured the past two years playing on a great Alabama team. Can you see him playing behind the Dolphins offensive line? Tannehill got sacked more than any QB in the league while with the Dolphins, Tua wouldn't make it past the 8th game behind this line.

We have to take him, if burrow is gone and he's available anything else is a mistake. The draft is a crap shoot anyway, but you got to take a chance on a player that can be a narrative changer for you at the game's most important position. Obviously if the hip injury is seruious to the point where he's not going to be ready for training camp, you need to think twice.

We have to take him, if burrow is gone and he's available anything else is a mistake. The draft is a crap shoot anyway, but you got to take a chance on a player that can be a narrative changer for you at the game's most important position. Obviously if the hip injury is seruious to the point where he's not going to be ready for training camp, you need to think twice.
At this point it’s just an obsession if you still want Tua at the top of the draft

Think he’s too much of a risk in the top 10 now. Maybe a trade back and grab him around 10 or so but if we have a top 5 pick, he’s too much of a risk. This is the same injury that ruined Bo Jackson’s career, granted we are 30 years in the future and comparing a rb to a qb but essentially it could cause degenerative bone issues in the femur. He may still be worth a 1st in potential but now top 10 anymore.

He will not be a Hall of Famer, he has been injured the past two years playing on a great Alabama team. Can you see him playing behind the Dolphins offensive line? Tannehill got sacked more than any QB in the league while with the Dolphins, Tua wouldn't make it past the 8th game behind this line.

Didn't they say the same thing about Tom Brady?

No one really knows!

Let's let the new coaches and front office leadership show us what they can do during the next 2 drafts with the selection AND development of players.

Their ability to get a lot of picks in the next two drafts and to cut high salaries has been impressive. (No, I don't want or believe in tanking, I'm just stating an obvious observation on our current draft and free agency situations).

I want to see us keep selecting QB's in our future drafts until we get one who takes off (playing wise). Then we should still draft a QB every 2 or 3 years to take advantage of the draft according to our needs to assure that we have a trained backup and eventual replacement on the team when we need him.

It should be obvious to everyone on this board that any QB is only one play away from being taken out or needs to be replaced for other performance issues.

Well. Burrow locked in to the Bengals now. And Tua may not even enter draft. Less QB options in draft for Dolphins to select. Cursed franchise.

I’d be hesitant about drafting Tua now given his body frame and extensive injury history in college.

Back
Top Bottom