Tuesday 08/10/04 TC Report-Evening Session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 08/10/04 TC Report-Evening Session

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Timbo, Pat, Sam, D-Mac, Chambers, Thompson, Henry, and Wilkins were all held out, possibly more people. On a brighter note, Zach practiced for the first time and I must say he looked pretty good. I got there 30 min late so I missed the warm-ups and drills but I managed to catch the middle drill.

Middle Drill

BTW only Sage and Stoerner handed off to the RBs during this drill.

Minor 3 yds (Z Thomas)
Minor 1 yd (Zgonina, Taylor)
Minor 3 yds (Taylor from Tiger formation)
Morris gets drilled by Sammy Knight 1 yd
Morris 1 yd (Pope, T Brown)
Stoerner fumbles the snap, picked up by Brown
Works gets viciously hit by Pope...just wow
Works 1 yd (Moore)
Works 2 yds (Brown)
Morris 1 yd (Ayanbadejo)
Russell breaks one loose...great job to hit the hole
Russell another great run (Mallard)
Russell stuffed by Bua

Scrimmage

They had a center, one guard and one tackle line up in this drill, they rotated the left and right sides.

Jay short swing to Minor (Howard)
Jay short to Lee (Greenwood)
Wade Smith gets turnstiled by Williams who forces the fumble
Jay inc to Newson, bad throw
AJ short to Morris, good RAC (Poole)
AJ over the middle to Snoop (Greenwood)
AJ over the middle to Bellamy who badly drops it (Banks)
Flemons nails AJ on a sack, AJ spikes the ball in disgust
AJ to Minor who gets nailed by Seau and drops it
Jay cross to R-Mac (Knight), a fight ensues but it was too quick for me to see what happened
Jay inc badly overthrown to R-Mac in double coverage
Jay slant to Tolver, nice grab (Bell)
Jay quick out to Jones (Moore)
Jay over the middle to Easlick (Jenkins)
AJ short to Newson (Greenwood)
AJ to Jones (Moore)

Red Zone

Morris nailed at LOS by Pope, another tremendous hit
Jay over the middle to Jones (Bell)
Jay to Tolver who catches it one-handed and takes it for the TD
Jay inc to Morris who bobbles and drops it
Minor stretch run 3 yds (Thomas)
Minor toss pitch 5 yds (Greenwood)
AJ scrambles, would've been killed by JT
AJ's ball gets batted under heavy pressure, tipped by Poole and picked by Roundtree
Minor 2 yds (Moore)
Morris takes it to the house, great run
Jay to Newson for the TD, gives Lousidor a big facemask
Jay's ball gets batted down by DT Jerome Stevens
Minor gets hit by Taylor
AJ inc to Konrad, deflected by Thomas
AJ the duck runs around in 3 circles, lmao that was so funny...
AJ to Tolver for the TD, Tolver throws the ball at Howard

90-Second Drill

Jay over the middle to Morris 7 yds (Poole)
Jay inc to Morris
Jay to R-Mac, great 1 handed catch, 30 yds(he was stripped by Poole but they called him down...great play regardless by the rookie)
Jay to Simmons 6 yds
Jay short to R-Mac 5 yds
Jay to Morris for the TD, but they say he was down at the 1 (Thomas)
Jay overthrows Tolver int he back of the end zone, FAILED POSS
AJ to Minor on the blitz, 20 yds nice throw and run (Bell)
AJ wide to Minor bad throw
AJ to Snoop 10 yds between Roundtree and Bell
AJ inc dropped by Lee
AJ inc to Snoop in the end zone, he got drilled by Edwards
AJ to Minor 5 yds (Bua)
AJ to Bellamy, nice catch off tip (Edwards)
AJ inc to Lee (Roundtree) FAILED POSS

People started chanting for Sage at this point, and I thought the coaching staff could at least give him a minute and a half to show what he's got...oh well.

30-Second Drill
AJ nearly picked by Knight
AJ quick out to Simmons (Roundtree)
AJ inc to Tolver, badly overthrown
AJ slightly overthrown and dropped by Simmons POSS FAILED
Jay bad throw, picked by Freeman, couldn't tell if he was out of bounds
Jay scrambles and throws it away, nearly sacked by Mitchell
AJ fumbles the snap
AJ fumbles the snap again...uggghhh come on guys it's getting nasty
AJ inc over the middle just outside Snoop's fingertips
AJ quick out to Bellamy 7 yds
AJ tipped and bobbled but caught for the TD by Bellamy

The o-line and qb's looked worse tonight than in the morning, we need more consistency. Some guys seriously need to step up. Fred Russell had a couple electrifying runs, he should have seen more work today.

3 Stars:

Derrick Pope/Eddie Moore:
Pope is officially the hardest hitter of TC so far, and Moore has been playing very well. Excellent all-around day yet again.

Will Poole/Alphonso Roundtree: Both played very well in place of the starters, with each coming up with a turnover and several nice breakups.

Kendall Newson/JR Tolver/Snoop Minnis/Randy McMichael/Fred Russell/Sammy Morris: All had their moments on offense and provided the only real spark for the squad.

Maybe I should have called that 13 stars lol...

Highlight: Pope's two hits...you could hear them from I-95.

Lowlight:
The back-to-back fumbles by AJ...showed a lack of concentration as he was in the shotgun formation on the second one.

thx alot man. Doesnt sound like the offense will be any good...but thus defence will be punishing!

dam....if only Boston was still playing:shakeno: .

Great Reporting Mr. Flurry Keep up the good work. Are they still doing those 5wr no back sets? Any other sets that look new?

Are they lining up mostly in the 4-3....?

thanks for the great reports, it's greatly appreciated by those of us who are in no way able to attend...lol :D

Danny1339 said:
Great Reporting Mr. Flurry Keep up the good work. Are they still doing those 5wr no back sets? Any other sets that look new?

Are they lining up mostly in the 4-3....?

Mr. Flurry lol.

Yeah they're doing alot of different formations, much more than in any mini-camp. Morris and R-Mac split wide was a formation I haven't seen yet, and Morris had a nice catch out of it. The defense is pretty much 4-3 but they are mixing in a lot of blitzes which the offense hasn't been able to handle.

The one tipped and picked by Roundtree was tipped by Poole. I think that was the play. Poole cause 2 turnovers tonight. He came in on a blitz tipped the ball and almost caught it twice but it ended up being tipped to roundtree.

The second was his nice ball strip. The play wasnt done yet and they were still going at it with no whistle when the strip happened, but they counted it down anyways.

You've heard it a million times, but here it is again. Diehards like myself appreciate your efforts man. Who is T Brown? His name keeps popping up in the various reports I read, including Schads.

Great Report Man As Always This Is Great For Us Fins Fans That Can't Go In Person Thanx Alot Dawg!!!!!!!!!!! 11-5 Playoff Bound Baby!!!! P.s. It's Still Early The Offence Will Come Around It's Only Training Camp After All.

phinman1 said:
You've heard it a million times, but here it is again. Diehards like myself appreciate your efforts man. Who is T Brown? His name keeps popping up in the various reports I read, including Schads.

T Brown is Tony Brown, a defensive tackle/end who has been playing well of late. He's listed as #76. KBisBack stated this guy could be a sleeper and he was right.

What about Tolver???

All I hear is how Newsome has the 3rd recieving spot....what about J.R. Tolver......in all of the reports they talkin about him makin amazing catches time after time....i think this mourning he dropped 1 pass....come on....he at least has to be a contender....and if hes not then the dolphins has major issues in scouting. If I remember right I think he was the punt and or kick returner before he got injured last year....Why not put Newsome as the Punt/Kick returner and J.R in the 3rd WR position. Just my opinion thouhg...I could be wrong.

Doug

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Have I mentioned how great these reports are?

This camp must be brutal for Sage R - kid deserves a real shot, but he has the misfortune of playing (or sitting) for a coach who values experience over talent. It's a shame.

Why

Why is SAGE not getting any REPS ????????????? It sounds like other threads Sage has been doing well, we need to give him a chance.:shakeno:

Good Job FF

AJ the duck runs around in 3 circles, lmao that was so funny...????

Great report :D . I wish I could tell you how much I look forward to your reports! :) It really gives a better understanding of what is happening. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated. I, as well as others, are in debt too you for your outstanding reports :D

Back
Top Bottom