Tuesday Camp Report - 5-18-04 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Camp Report - 5-18-04

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
They restriped the practice field, now there is only one field in the middle instead of 2 side by side. The result is we are further away from the action for most of the practice.

#95 Timbo is Back – looks like they had him on a crash diet too. Still HUGE, but noticeably thinner then 2 weeks ago
#80 Boston practiced and looked very good. A few catches and NO DROPS! He also looks real smooth running after the catch
#58 Moore practiced with very limited contact, but looked good running

Today was the first glimmer of a possible QB battle during training camp. Jay was still the better QB, but AJ Feeley looked much more comfortable, completed more passes then in any of his previous practices, handled the rush a little better and narrowed the gap between he and Jay for the starting job

Jay had a good practice including several well placed balls but still struggles with the long ball and tends to overthrow it or lob it up for grabs. He continues to be quick on his feet while handling pressure and scrambles well.

Feeley looked good as well. Definitely his best practice. While not every ball was perfectly placed, very few balls hit the ground and that is the most important stat. He does have a noticeably stronger arm then Jay. I noticed it today especially with the zip he puts on some of the shorter throws. One rep though, Feeley fumbled the ball and instead of making an urgent effort to get it, he just kinda starred at it and conceded the play. He did have a nice well placed ball to Boston on the near sideline. And his best 2 throws were one to Chambers on the sideline where he gunned it in there, right between the 8&4 and the other a great throw to #83 Simmons who beat #37 Bell in coverage.

#18 Sage – had another rough practice. He has not looked as good as he did last year in camp. Thus far he does not look like a threat to compete for the #2 spot.

Defense spent a bunch of time practicing calling out signals and responsibility assignments adjusting to the Offense shifting and going in motion. By the coaches responses, everyone seemed to do well.

D-Line was very strong. Almost no running room for RW or Minor. They also applied pressure on almost every play. Again, JT had a great practice abusing #74 Smith. At least 3 sacks, including one on Feeley that was so quick, Smith didn’t even seem to have moved.

#84 Chambers had another solid practice. Had a catch from Jay where it didn’t look like he was going to get his head around in time, but managed to get a hand out, bobble, then catch the pass. Another toe-dragging sideline grab from Jay, and several other completions

#19 Minis – 3 catches near the end of practice. One on a well run curl in pattern from Jay. Another later from Feeley. And another from Feeley where he held on after making contact with the defender. He is very quick making moves after the catch.

#74 Smith – another day of getting beat like a drum by JT. He was sent to run burst off the line mini sprints with the D-Line near the end of practice

#49 Jones – had a couple catches including a nice deep pass down the middle of the field from Jay

#29 Madison – had a nice diving pass breakup, getting a hand on a well thrown ball from Fiedler intended for Boston

#82 Newson – Had a couple of grabs, but the best was adjusting on a slightly underthrown deep lob from Jay down the near sideline. Newson went up high and made the grab. Great catch!

#31 Morris – nice completion from AJ coming out of the backfield and showing quick feet with the ball in his hands after the catch. With somewhat limited opportunities, he continues to impress.

#57 Jenkins – Very active. Was involved in a lot of tackles. Got lots of praise/instruction from the coaches. Looked good!

#2 Works – had a couple of nice receptions coming out of the backfield. He moves quick for a big guy.

#40 Poole – Had a nice pick on a deep sideline ball intended for #86 Wilkins from Feeley near the end of practice

#85 Lee – 1 drop, no catches I saw

Quiet: Thompson, Tolver, Wilkins

Photos: Click Here

Videos: Click Here

Enjoy!

Nice write up Dude. One question, didn't Bua stand out to you on a couple of those running plays? He was in the backfield and stopping the runner at the line a couple times that really impressed me.

Thanks Dude, good stuff. Hey do you mind if I snag a pic to use for a avvie or sig?

Great post. I wish i was lucky enough to be able to attend Dolphins practice. Stuck here in VA just reading about it :shakeno:

Was the lack of running room due to the DL or the OL?

Great insight, wish i was there.

Finsflurry said:
Nice write up Dude. One question, didn't Bua stand out to you on a couple of those running plays? He was in the backfield and stopping the runner at the line a couple times that really impressed me.
Thanks Guys!

As far as Bua, I remember looking up his number #33 once wondering what a RB was doing out there, and he was definately in on some plays, but Jenkins was the only one who really stood out to me.

Also, IMO these camps are more for the QB's, WR's & DB's. It's really hard for me to get a feel for a LB in no pads and 3/4 speed...

!PapaCrunk! said:
Thanks Dude, good stuff. Hey do you mind if I snag a pic to use for a avvie or sig?
Of course. Help yourself!

Phinzone said:
Was the lack of running room due to the DL or the OL?

Great insight, wish i was there.

3 reasons:
1) Great DL
2) Avg O-Line
3) No pads...

Dude said:
They restriped the practice field, now there is only one field in the middle instead of 2 side by side. The result is we are further away from the action for most of the practice.

#95 Timbo is Back – looks like they had him on a crash diet too. Still HUGE, but noticeably thinner then 2 weeks ago
#80 Boston practiced and looked very good. A few catches and NO DROPS! He also looks real smooth running after the catch
#58 Moore practiced with very limited contact, but looked good running

Today was the first glimmer of a possible QB battle during training camp. Jay was still the better QB, but AJ Feeley looked much more comfortable, completed more passes then in any of his previous practices, handled the rush a little better and narrowed the gap between he and Jay for the starting job

Jay had a good practice including several well placed balls but still struggles with the long ball and tends to overthrow it or lob it up for grabs. He continues to be quick on his feet while handling pressure and scrambles well.

Feeley looked good as well. Definitely his best practice. While not every ball was perfectly placed, very few balls hit the ground and that is the most important stat. He does have a noticeably stronger arm then Jay. I noticed it today especially with the zip he puts on some of the shorter throws. One rep though, Feeley fumbled the ball and instead of making an urgent effort to get it, he just kinda starred at it and conceded the play. He did have a nice well placed ball to Boston on the near sideline. And his best 2 throws were one to Chambers on the sideline where he gunned it in there, right between the 8&4 and the other a great throw to #83 Simmons who beat #37 Bell in coverage.

#18 Sage – had another rough practice. He has not looked as good as he did last year in camp. Thus far he does not look like a threat to compete for the #2 spot.

Defense spent a bunch of time practicing calling out signals and responsibility assignments adjusting to the Offense shifting and going in motion. By the coaches responses, everyone seemed to do well.

D-Line was very strong. Almost no running room for RW or Minor. They also applied pressure on almost every play. Again, JT had a great practice abusing #74 Smith. At least 3 sacks, including one on Feeley that was so quick, Smith didn’t even seem to have moved.

#84 Chambers had another solid practice. Had a catch from Jay where it didn’t look like he was going to get his head around in time, but managed to get a hand out, bobble, then catch the pass. Another toe-dragging sideline grab from Jay, and several other completions

#19 Minis – 3 catches near the end of practice. One on a well run curl in pattern from Jay. Another later from Feeley. And another from Feeley where he held on after making contact with the defender. He is very quick making moves after the catch.

#74 Smith – another day of getting beat like a drum by JT. He was sent to run burst off the line mini sprints with the D-Line near the end of practice

#49 Jones – had a couple catches including a nice deep pass down the middle of the field from Jay

#29 Madison – had a nice diving pass breakup, getting a hand on a well thrown ball from Fiedler intended for Boston

#82 Newson – Had a couple of grabs, but the best was adjusting on a slightly underthrown deep lob from Jay down the near sideline. Newson went up high and made the grab. Great catch!

#31 Morris – nice completion from AJ coming out of the backfield and showing quick feet with the ball in his hands after the catch. With somewhat limited opportunities, he continues to impress.

#57 Jenkins – Very active. Was involved in a lot of tackles. Got lots of praise/instruction from the coaches. Looked good!

#2 Works – had a couple of nice receptions coming out of the backfield. He moves quick for a big guy.

#40 Poole – Had a nice pick on a deep sideline ball intended for #86 Wilkins from Feeley near the end of practice

#85 Lee – 1 drop, no catches I saw

Quiet: Thompson, Tolver, Wilkins

Photos: Click Here

Videos: Click Here

Enjoy!

You da man dude !!!

:up:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom