Turn of Events in the Turnover Column | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turn of Events in the Turnover Column

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
For the past few seasons, the turnover column hasn't been...quite in favor of the Miami Dolphins. Plagued by mistakes, indecision and poor execution, this team looked absolutely abysmal compared to the rest of the league. Something has changed though. The cloud of smoke has cleared and the team is finally taking a clear direction.

Miami is ranked second in the league with a plus 9 turnover margin, behind only the undefeated Tennessee Titans. By this number alone you can assume that either this team is just lucky, or they are starting to play some well organized football.

The normal look of a Dolphins' box score would include anything besides a 0 in the turnover column. In 2007 alone the Dolphins managed 8 games of 2 or more turnovers. In 2008 the Dolphins have zero, that's right, zero games of 2 turnovers or more.

Of the few turnovers this season, The Dolphins have only fumbled the ball twice, and have only thrown four interceptions. That is an average of less than one turnover per game. Through 8 games last season the Dolphins averaged 2 turnovers a game. From 2007 to 2008 the turnovers in the first 8 games have gone from 16 to 6.

Not only is the offense not turning the ball over, the defense is forcing opposing offenses to turn the ball over. Opponents in 2007 turned the ball over 8 times in the first 8 games. Opponents this season have turned the ball over 15 times.

This trend has also translated to the win total as well. Improvement at this level in one season is by no means lucky. The new regime didn't ask questions when they came in. Their only goal was to win and the team is winning convincingly.

Both the offense and defense are playing with a chip on their shoulder. This team is doing everything in their power to be a successful football team. And while the turnover battle is just a stepping stone on the staircase to being elite, this team is climbing their way up, stone by stone.

yep big difference from the last few years ...also we are the 5th or 6th least penalized team in the entire league...gotta love that also.....

thats how NE got where they are. I rem when they won the first 2 yrs they hardly ever had a TO.

BTW, I have noticed taht when we score 1st and have the lead ending the 1st quarter we have won those games. can someone else confirm this for me plz.

Simple answer to this how come. Chad Pennington and no John Beck.

Chad P definitely has alot to do with the lack of offensive turnovers. The O line needs a ton of credit too.

That said, the most impressive stat to me is the penalty stat. Last year, we were SOOOO undisciplined it made me sick. This year, we have the fewest penalties i believe.

Back
Top Bottom