Turner adds wrinkles to passing game - I like | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner adds wrinkles to passing game - I like

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Turner adds wrinkles to passing game getting
For one, Konrad said the Dolphins installed two runs and two passes designed for him, true to their vow to get him more involved in the offense. It was also clear tight end Randy McMichael and wide receiver Chris Chambers will be featured more, another stated goal of the coaches.
McMichael ag. a LB :dance:

Norv is going to showcase to the league why he should be a Head Coach this year. This offense is going to be dangerous.. If Norv believe this group will be the most talented that his work with, than I'm a believer...

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Norv is going to showcase to the league why he should be a Head Coach this year. This offense is going to be dangerous.. If Norv believe this group will be the most talented that his work with, than I'm a believer...

What has great offensive co-ordination got to do with being a great head coach? Norv excells in his role as OC, but he has been less than spectacular in the head coaching role. It is like saying that a player is a great tight end, so he would naturally be a fantastic wideout.

The reason that many successful co-ordinators get the opportunity to become head coaches is through teams gambling on them. If a team wants to attract a guy like Norv (or keep him in this case) then a promotion must be offered in most cases, for two main reasons:

1)To poach him from another team (or keep him)
2)To make moving to another city an attractive prospect.

I share your excitement about the offense, but I just feel that Norv's transition from OC to HC wouldn't necessarily be as successful as some seem to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we can hold onto Norv as an OC for next year.

I don't have a clue who could come in as HC.

Who would you guys like to see become the Phins next coach? In reality ;\..

Anyone in the league looking to get fired after this year if they don't show production? Heh.

Dave is not going anywhere. He will be our HC for atleast the next five years. He's building first Dynasty in the new mellinium..

He will be our HC for atleast the next five years.

Out of all of the statements on this board, you can tell that this is the one that was thought about the least before being made..

If Dave turned down a five years 25 Million dollars contract from UM..I think he knew what he could establish and get going here..He went through his experience in CHI and he's not going to let that repeat. I think some of you are so blind and so impatience..Have you ever seen a team assembled with this much talent? And have such potential. This year we will play on the road like how we play at home and it's going to be over. If we could get past last year, I think we all could see what's really going around here..We chocked last year lets get over it, it's not going to happen this year. There's not one team in the league that's close to our talent and it's because of Dave. I guaranteed Dave gets the last laugh in Jan..

If Dave turned down a five years 25 Million dollars contract from UM..I think he knew what he could establish and get going here..He went through his experience in CHI and he's not going to let that repeat. I think some of you are so blind and so impatience..Have you ever seen a team assembled with this much talent? And have such potential. This year we will play on the road like how we play at home and it's going to be over. If we could get past last year, I think we all could see what's really going around here..We chocked last year lets get over it, it's not going to happen this year. There's not one team in the league that's close to our talent and it's because of Dave. I guaranteed Dave gets the last laugh in Jan..

Haha.. so we are blind because we don't feel he will be here for 5 more years? Funny, with this league's cap do you really think we will be able to keep guys like Madison, Thomas, and a few others for more than 3 more years? No way Wanny is here for no damn 5 more years.. 3 at the most. If he doesn't do anything this year.. he's gonna be outta here faster than Laveraneus Coles' 40 time!

The main thing is that Miami's offense will be uunpredictable.. There are so many options for Fiedler to give the ball to and not only will Ricky run the ball, so will Konrad.. This will give other teams more to think about and the more thinking they do, the more confused they get.. It's been a long time since Miami had thi many options on offense in the passing game along with a powerful run game.... This season will be exciting..

HOORAH:drinker:

Wannstedt for 5 years? If he doesn't make the AFC Championship game, it will be Wannstedt for 1 year. I think we will get there, but if we don't with this roster there will be no other options but to fire Dave.

Originally posted by inFINSible
But IF he does, you will be eating your words.

Speaking of eating Miss Dergin there looks mighty tastee. My mouth waters in delight.:tongue:

The contract offer from UM was 10 YEARS. :eek:

Also, I saw a lot of mention going towards Konrad being in the slot at mini-camps last week. Actually, this was nothing new......as Konrad went to the slot frequently last season during games (as frequent as it gets for a FB. lol.).

But this season should bring more to the table as far as the offense goes. I can't wait!!

I agree with crazydolfan i think he will be around for a while and if he wasnt i would want turner to become headcoach because norv didnt do that bad of a job in washington he brought them to the playoffs with not that much talent he is the one that made s.davis good. with the fins he would have talent and i want him as head coach because i dont want his offencive genius mind to go

I thought we just recently signed Zach to a pretty decent extension.
How long do we still have JT? I think a few more years.

Madison, Surtain? I couldn't tell you..maybe someone could. But I'm gonna take a shot and say ATLEAST a couple to a few more years of these guys.

Maybe they may end up being loyal and like playing in Miami due to the climate/talen and what not.

Hey, some players do that ;).

Back
Top Bottom