Turner Brings Proven PlaybookTo Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner Brings Proven PlaybookTo Miami

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I love this line

"It's the first time in four years I haven't heard Zach call everything we were doing before we did it," guard Mark Dixon said.

very quotable

"With this style of offense, we don't need ballerina dancers," guard Leon Searcy said. "We need guys who are willing to get their hands dirty."
Wannstedt and Turner were assistant coaches at Southern California in 1983-84

can you say "Student body right" ?:D

turner will be a big improvement over gailey gailey was so predictable and conservative.. its as significant as ricky over lamar...at least he will keep defenses guessing...i am looking for this offense to be the dolphins best since we had marino,fryar,ingram,mcduffie,k.jackson,kirby,byars and parmalee...

Norv is a huge improvement and the NFL will see how big of an improvement he is this season.

Turners resume speaks for itself, however, the BIG question IMO, can our players adjust to Norvs style?
I think we can, and I think it starts with the man running the offense, Jay. I believe Jay to be the intellectual type of QB that given the proper plays can excell. And that is where Turners genius lies. He seems to scheme plays that utilize each players strengths, instead of calling a play that everyone is forced to adjust to. As Jay "counts down" his receivers, unlike in the past as he seems to zero in on a single player, he most likely will be doing so with motion. Not necesarly on the run but keeping Fiedlers happy feet moving. This will IMO calm Jay and give him a few extra seconds to find the most appropriate target, which will probably be in the 7-15 yrd range. Also always allowing for Jay to use his feet if our receivers are covered.
Dont get me wrong Ricky Williams will most certainly get his yards and alot of them, but, I think there will be a high percentage of play action. The reason I believe RW will enjoy his stay in Miami, is he also will have plays designed specifically for him. He will not have the weight of an entire draft on his shoulders as he did in New Orleans.
I find this up-coming season full of excitement mixed with a healthy dose of expectation. This season to me is a terrific opportunity for Jay and Ricky to expel their detractors.

BB

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I love this line

"It's the first time in four years I haven't heard Zach call everything we were doing before we did it," guard Mark Dixon said.

Not only did Zach now the plays before, but so did the opposing DC, the peanut vender, the parking lot attendant who was only listening to the plays, and my girlfreind who saw her first NFL action last year. Chan was horrible, the offense I ran in pop werner with 12 year olds was more sophistacated than his offense. He never realized that he didn't have the same hall of fame calliber o-line from Dallas playing in Miami, or that guy that wears #22. I am so glad he is gone! I hope GT goes 0-12 this year so the rest of the football world realizes how bad he is.

I say we had pretty good players..because they executed too good with everyone knowing what was coming.. 11-5 two years in a row with Chan with a chance to go 12-6 last year if not for those fumbles in NE..That's just physical football...Unfortunately Jay and the boys had to be really good to accomplished this..Jay in Jacksonville was pretty good..I say the O help the team and I think Norv's O is the same way..Jay should again prosper with options like he has in this O.

Back
Top Bottom