Turner/Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner/Brunell

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
CBS Sportsline is reporting that Norv Turner wants Mark Brunell to be his QB next year...whether he is the offensive coordinator of the Dolphins or the head coach in Oakland. I guess the big question is this:
Do the Dolphins get into a bidding war with Norv if he becomes the head coach in Oakland?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7027905

The Raiders have asked for and received permission to interview Dolphins offensive coordinator Norv Turner for their head coaching job. That's an interesting call. There is some talk that Turner's job in Miami was even in jeopardy, although that has subsided. This much you can bet: A growing number of Dolphins fans would love to see him go. They hate his offense. But if Turner goes west, look for him to make a run at Mark Brunell to be the Raiders quarterback. Turner wants Brunell in Miami if he does stay on.

Supposedly AL Davis main targets are Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel......Norv Turner may just be interviewed as a backup in case Davis is unable to hire one of his main targets......let's hope so cause that would hurt the Pats.

if Norv want Brunell, then we s/damn get him Brunell :D

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Supposedly AL Davis main targets are Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel......Norv Turner may just be interviewed as a backup in case Davis is unable to hire one of his main targets......let's hope so cause that would hurt the Pats.

That makes sense. I cannot believe more teams have not waited to pursue one of them. Either way I hope one is gone and it weakens NE.:tongue:

I was a huge Norv supporter when we first added him, but in the two years he's been here, our offense has look very un-organized. Our offense was worse this year than it was in 2002. Norv hasn't impressed me nearly as much as I thought he would...

He can take the Oakland job if he wants to. I don't care right now. With or wothout Norv, change is in order in Miami....

He can also have QB M. Brunell. Not interested...:D

I'm not worried about QB. I have the upmost confidence in R. Spielman and D. Marino to get us a solid QB. No worries there. Anyone is an upgrade at this point IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

It would be interesting to see what Norv would do here with a QB that he wants. However, if he leaves, I for one will not be shedding any tears.

I think that Norv used to be a good oc but he seems to call things at the wrong times nowadays. I would be happy to see him go. Maybe we wouldnt pass on 3 and 2 everytime and run on 3 and 8

Originally posted by Brad528
I think that Norv used to be a good oc but he seems to call things at the wrong times nowadays. I would be happy to see him go. Maybe we wouldnt pass on 3 and 2 everytime and run on 3 and 8

Ya that's my main knock on him is play calling overall too. We don't surprise anybody. I REALLY don't like some of his play calling in the 4th quarter when we're up.

It been said many times, he was conservative because he knew Jay was limited and throws interceptions. The more open he was the worse Jay was. And you wonder why he handcuffed the offense? I mean come on, he was conservative, and handcuffed the offense and Jay still managed to throw how many interceptions vs TDs? That's your reason. Give Norv 'his' QB and see what he can do before condemning him for a conservative offense (I'm sure Dave told him to play to close also) when our QB is limited and makes mistake, the OL can't block for Ricky and Ricky gets pounded every play. Not to mention our less then spectacular WR core.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
It been said many times, he was conservative because he knew Jay was limited and throws interceptions. The more open he was the worse Jay was. And you wonder why he handcuffed the offense? I mean come on, he was conservative, and handcuffed the offense and Jay still managed to throw how many interceptions vs TDs? That's your reason. Give Norv 'his' QB and see what he can do before condemning him for a conservative offense (I'm sure Dave told him to play to close also) when our QB is limited and makes mistake, the OL can't block for Ricky and Ricky gets pounded every play. Not to mention our less then spectacular WR core.

I'm not saying they should air it out...but play the short-medium pass game that Fiedler is OK with. Oline didn't help any there of course, but there's alot you can do.

I think the people who "hate" Norv's offense are very short-sighted. and I'm not sure they can see outside the box.

Norv's offense and playcalling sure looked great in Dallas and Washington. Heck, even San Diego went from the bottom to Top 10 in one year.

I wonder what changed?? :hmmm:

Surely it wasn't the QB or OL or #2 WR that we complained about all season.

Originally posted by Muck
I think the people who "hate" Norv's offense are very short-sighted. and I'm not sure they can see outside the box.

Norv's offense and playcalling sure looked great in Dallas and Washington. Heck, even San Diego went from the bottom to Top 10 in one year.

Ditto....you know how it is Muck, People are "what have you done for me lately..They've forgotten his first year with us just that quickly...

The people who want Norv gone will get exactly what they want if he leaves. A downgrade in offensive coordinators.

There is no coordinator in the NFL that is better than Norv Turner. He's the best there is.

Originally posted by Muck

Very well said!

Back
Top Bottom