Turner on his way out??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner on his way out???

Dolphin Dan

Alright, MIAMI!
Reaction score
Pro football talk is reporting that Dolphins OC Norv Turner is on his way out in Miami.....Thoughts?

He got Ricky almost 1900 yeards with him only playing 3 quarters when he runs for big yards. I would give him another shot with an improved QB and O Line. If still not kicking A$$ I say loose all coaches and let the new Head Coach create his staff.

You got a link?

I don't think Turner is going anywhere. He isn't going to get fired and he won't get a head coaching job.

If pft reported it, expect the exact opposite.

They make up ALOT of stories, in hopes that they occasionally get one right, then self promote themselves until there hands fall off from patting their own backs, when they get one right.

Originally posted by Stamos
If pft reported it, expect the exact opposite.

They make up ALOT of stories, in hopes that they occasionally get one right, then self promote themselves until there hands fall off from patting their own backs, when they get one right.

Exactly. Don't believe a word they say.

I read this last night, I don't think is going anywhere. We all know that our problem on offense has been personnel & Wanny's conservativeness in what Norv is allowed to do. If anyone should go it should be Wanny.

I don't think thats a fair characterization of PFT personally. I've been reading them for years and they often, very often, come up with stuff way before it happens and before ESPN gets any rumblings of it. The problem is that they do a lot of commentary in the form of asking some scout on X team what they think of say, for instance, Marino being the GM of the Dolphins (when he's not really the GM he's the head of football operations) and the lowly scout will be like "Where the heck do these guys come up with this chicken **** idea?" etc.

As for the Dolphins GM search even though they overall were criticizing Miami they really hit a number of nails right on the head. One was they hated and criticized every candidate Miami brought in, basically saying that only a few of them had experience on both sides of the ball with the draft AND free agency, and that Mueller was a big headed ego trip with tons of baggage. This wasn't their personal opinion, this was what they were hearing around the league. Yet they heard good things about Rick Spielman the whole time, that he would be snapped up in a jiffy by Detroit if we let him walk away. They also criticized the dog and pony show being run by non football guys like Huizenga and Jones, taking the criticism from their sources.

And sure enough, not only did in the end the Dolphins recognize that Spielman was the best candidate for the job, but the Dolphins hired Marino to run this kind of thing in the future so that they wouldn't be susceptible to criticism that the show is being run by "non-football" guys like Jones and Huizenga.

There's countless times PFT has been right. Of course, they've been wrong too....but I would expect that, cuz their sources can be right or wrong.

By the way I personally was the one who emailed and got them to set the story straight on the Marino hiring.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
By the way I personally was the one who emailed and got them to set the story straight on the Marino hiring.

We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!:allhail:

My experience is that PFT is full of ****. If Turner does get booted I may change my mind but as of now I trust PFT about as much as the National Enquirer.

Originally posted by rafael
My experience is that PFT is full of ****. If Turner does get booted I may change my mind but as of now I trust PFT about as much as the National Enquirer.

I agree, I don't bother to even check their site out anymore.

Back
Top Bottom