Twilight Zone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Twilight Zone

JPhinfan86

Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I speak for alot of Finfans when I say that aside from the LT problem i'm more worried about our defense then our offense. It's definetly not the run D i'm referring to, more so the secondary. We have been getting burn't by the long ball all year, and it always seem to come when we can least afford it. Is this becuz our secondary is cracking under pressure or is it becuz we just aren't communicating?

Whatever it is, I just have an un-easy feeling when the oposing QB drops back to pass. Our lack luster pass rush this year isn't helping the matter any. I'm not trying to sound like a downer, i'm just wondering if any of you think this is of major concern or am I just seeing something that isn't a problem?

i gotta disagree here. alot of teams we face are passing teams. they are going to get some every once in a while. the first two games we were a diff defense IMO. I thought we held Indy pretty good considering. everything they got they had to fight for it and alot of it was edge james on short stuff. to hold indy to 21 points is pretty good IMO.

the thing i worry about is converting third downs and getting more turnovers than them. that is everything to controlling the game.

When was the last time we got burnt for a deep pass?? And the Pollard catch doesn't count, as that was a freak tipped ball.

wtf are you talking about? the longball against miami doesn't exist...

since week 3 miami leads the NFL in INT... when the QB of another team drops back i have total confidence in our D...

This came out of left field. :confused:

The only play that the secondary got burnt on was the overtime game against NE and that was because the QB had over 7 seconds to find a tagert. You give any QB that amount of time and you will get burned. I think that the Dolphins have the best secondary in the NFL.

there is a big factor here the fins D cant cover......mcnair's legs.....99 and 93 will have to stay disciplined this week in their rush lanes because unlike manning mcnair will run over around or through any one defensive player.......he is our best player and you have not seen him in this new offense...........just look at what he did to two teams you guys ahve played.....texans.....391 yds and 3 TD's on 18 completions.......on pats 371yds and 3 TD's...........all this with a dislocated finger and a torn right MCL???? and now he is completely healthy so he can run.....last four games he has run for a TD in every game........fins do not have an answer for him.......

That was my point......our D Line doesn't provide very much pressure. I recall Sammy Knight blowing Cover 2 versus the Texans and Bradford took it 72 yards for a TD....Marion did the same versus NE and it ended with the same result. I don't count the Pollard fluke.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
That was my point......our D Line doesn't provide very much pressure. I recall Sammy Knight blowing Cover 2 versus the Texans and Bradford took it 72 yards for a TD....Marion did the same versus NE and it ended with the same result. I don't count the Pollard fluke.

You're recalling the first game of the season. 9 weeks ago. Our worst game. Everything was admittedly out of sync. And this is what you're basing your initial statement on??

Also, most of that 72 yards were YAC. The catch came underneath. That's just being out of position and poor tackling. The topic is the deep pass....the over-the-top stuff. And it just hasn't been happening.

Why does bongo59 keep hyping McNair?? Everyone acknowledges he's a great player. You can get off his jock anytime now. He's not omnipotent, though. And he's not just going to tear thru our secondary. We are just the best back there. So you will see McNair go over the middle to the TEs and running around.

Maybe he will get a ton of yards.....because the Titans are going to be one-dimensional. But he's not going to torch our secondary.

Um yea....I personally don't think that either the Texans nor the Pats have anything like we have at the LB position. I just hope our Fins tackle....getting to him is no prob whatsoever. What I said about the deep ball most likely won't apply to the Titans WR corps which consists of only one real threat....Mason.

I suppose that I really was only recalling a few times, but in those instances I felt like we were in real trouble if that keeps up mainly becuz the safeties COMPLETELY botched the coverage. I pray it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom