two first round picks in 05? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

two first round picks in 05?

16wins4fins

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
if their is any truth to the raider deal i would send ricky and his pot smoking azz their for a first round pick in a new york second.now with that said what do we do with two 1 round picks.i say go offensive with the first pick and go offensive with the second pick.i am figuring we would wind up somewhere in the late 20 as position for the draft for both our pick and the raiders pick.but if anything we could end up with two top ten picks .lets just hope its one top ten pick and a 31 pick and that being miami.first i pick a up and coming qb such as gino guidugli out of cincy or or charlie frye from akron.two very accurate passers with a nice nich for the game or if we get lucky aaron rodgers out of cali that would be the best of the three.then our second pick i go rb.we need a close to sure thing rb so scratch maurice off the list and try t.a mclendon from nc state or cedric benson from texas .but we will have to see first if we can get edge from the colts and if so than scratch the rb as our second first round pick and go with a wr.i am not to sure with boston and the way dick williams turned out.what do you thind we schould do with two first roun picks?

16wins4fins said:
if their is any truth to the raider deal i would send ricky and his pot smoking azz their for a first round pick in a new york second.now with that said what do we do with two 1 round picks.i say go offensive with the first pick and go offensive with the second pick.i am figuring we would wind up somewhere in the late 20 as position for the draft for both our pick and the raiders pick.but if anything we could end up with two top ten picks .lets just hope its one top ten pick and a 31 pick and that being miami.first i pick a up and coming qb such as gino guidugli out of cincy or or charlie frye from akron.two very accurate passers with a nice nich for the game or if we get lucky aaron rodgers out of cali that would be the best of the three.then our second pick i go rb.we need a close to sure thing rb so scratch maurice off the list and try t.a mclendon from nc state or cedric benson from texas .but we will have to see first if we can get edge from the colts and if so than scratch the rb as our second first round pick and go with a wr.i am not to sure with boston and the way dick williams turned out.what do you thind we schould do with two first roun picks?

That rumor was started because a sports writer made up something, there's probably no truth to this rumor as it would have already been done already. There's no reason for the Dolphins to keep his rights if he refuses to come back and play for us.

From what my brother has told me, which he heard on espn the radio, we may get back one of the first round picks that we gave up when we traded for RW from the saints. If that happends, I dont think we will be able to trade RW to the Raiders. I am wondering if my brother knows what he is talking about, have any of you heard of what I wam talking about ? Because this seems more likely to happen than the trade with the raiders.

sportzz13 said:
From what my brother has told me, which he heard on espn the radio, we may get back one of the first round picks that we gave up when we traded for RW from the saints. If that happends, I dont think we will be able to trade RW to the Raiders. I am wondering if my brother knows what he is talking about, have any of you heard of what I wam talking about ? Because this seems more likely to happen than the trade with the raiders.
i cant see how we would get 1 of our 2 picks back because the deal is done. ricky did what was needed to send another pick over to the saints by rushing for more than 1,500 yards. unless there was sumin in the contract that would give us an escape clause i just cant see it. besides would that not have been reported already ?? our 2 1st rounders are gone and that is pretty much it i think.

sportzz13 said:

I dont see how we could get one of our picks back....because all the picks involved in the deal have already been used. I mean, theres an off chance the NFL may give us some kind of compensatory selection (the way baseball does for teams that lose marquee FAs), but i dont see that happening given the stink the rest of the NFL would raise over something like that.

16wins4fins said:
I wouldn't worry about something that isn't going to happen. It's a fairytale.

16wins4fins said:
what do you thind we schould do with two first roun picks?
For next year's draft, I say our top priorities should be QB, RB, OL,DT, LB, and S in that order. Obviously, this is speaking soon. If Feeley can be another Dellhoume and/or Minor (or whoever takes the load at RB) can prove to be a solid starter, then that would diminish the need for QB and/or RB. But 2 definate needs for us, no matter what for next year, I think will be DT (this is Bowens' last year IMO) and OL.

So, best case scenario (in that we have 2 first-round picks and both Feeley and Minor prove to be solid starters, therefore eliminating the priority of a QB and RB) we should go DT, OL. Personally, I like Anttaj Hawthorne (DT from Wisconsin) and C.J. Brooks (OG from Maryland). Those would be my dream selections in best-case scenario. Another DT I love is Luis Castillo of Northwestern (very underrated) and another OG is Sam Mayes of OK State.

If we chose not to draft an O-lineman high next year, but instead to sign a veteran (which IMO is probably the better idea considering how young our OL already is), then I think we should look at LB b/c Seau will be gone, Zach will be near the end, and Moore is a question mark, plus Greenwood will be a UFA after the year. Also, the LB class should be the strongest position of the draft, and the strongest it's been in many years. For LB, I love Will Derting of Washngton State, Ahmad Brooks of Virginia, and Odell Thurman of UGA. Any one of them would make me extremely happy, especially Derting.

Many, many options, obviously, and it's probably too early to speak. IMO, the only thing that's for sure is that going into next year's offseason, we will need a DT, and probably will be looking to improve our OL again (whether through the draft of free agency).

caneproud117 said:
That rumor was started because a sports writer made up something, there's probably no truth to this rumor as it would have already been done already. There's no reason for the Dolphins to keep his rights if he refuses to come back and play for us.
:roflmao: That Rix photo was hilarious!

DrewOldSchool said:
:roflmao: That Rix photo was hilarious!
Thanks. The guy's has to have a screw loose or something. I mean how can you get a ticket for speeding and then speed off for the cop to give you another ticket or how can park in a handicap spot and get a ticket and then next park at the handicap spot at the hospital.

You don't get anything if a player retires. The Dolphins will get nothing for Ricky Williams. Nothing from the Saints, no comp picks, nothing. However, we do have his rights until his contract runs out so even though he is off the cap if he ever wants to come back he is a Dolphin unless we say otherwise.

killswitch said:
For next year's draft, I say our top priorities should be QB, RB, OL,DT, LB, and S in that order. Obviously, this is speaking soon. If Feeley can be another Dellhoume and/or Minor (or whoever takes the load at RB) can prove to be a solid starter, then that would diminish the need for QB and/or RB. But 2 definate needs for us, no matter what for next year, I think will be DT (this is Bowens' last year IMO) and OL.

So, best case scenario (in that we have 2 first-round picks and both Feeley and Minor prove to be solid starters, therefore eliminating the priority of a QB and RB) we should go DT, OL. Personally, I like Anttaj Hawthorne (DT from Wisconsin) and C.J. Brooks (OG from Maryland). Those would be my dream selections in best-case scenario. Another DT I love is Luis Castillo of Northwestern (very underrated) and another OG is Sam Mayes of OK State.

If we chose not to draft an O-lineman high next year, but instead to sign a veteran (which IMO is probably the better idea considering how young our OL already is), then I think we should look at LB b/c Seau will be gone, Zach will be near the end, and Moore is a question mark, plus Greenwood will be a UFA after the year. Also, the LB class should be the strongest position of the draft, and the strongest it's been in many years. For LB, I love Will Derting of Washngton State, Ahmad Brooks of Virginia, and Odell Thurman of UGA. Any one of them would make me extremely happy, especially Derting.

Many, many options, obviously, and it's probably too early to speak. IMO, the only thing that's for sure is that going into next year's offseason, we will need a DT, and probably will be looking to improve our OL again (whether through the draft of free agency).

I would hesitate to put QB first on that list, even though I'm enamoured with the possibility of getting David Greene from Georgia. A.J. Feeley has to be given the opportunity that Matt Hasselbeck was given. We may see him struggle initially, but with his talent level, it should pay off in the end.

Getting a tailback will be up there. I feel that, even if Minor posts a 1,000+ yard season, Miami will look for an everydown tailback that can tote it more than 25 times a game. That's the style this team runs. Minor may play himself into a big contract somewhere else though. I've seen one mock draft that has Miami taking Cedric Benson, but I think Miami could steal Ronnie Brown. IMO, Ronnie Brown is the more dependable back between he and Carnell Williams. Williams is more dynamic and more of a big play threat, but Ronnie is more powerful and durable.

iceblizzard69 said:
You don't get anything if a player retires. The Dolphins will get nothing for Ricky Williams. Nothing from the Saints, no comp picks, nothing. However, we do have his rights until his contract runs out so even though he is off the cap if he ever wants to come back he is a Dolphin unless we say otherwise.
Good.

16wins4fins said:

T.A. Mclendon?? The guy has never been healthly for more than 3 games in a row, even as far back as HS. While he was at Albremarle High the most he ever played was 9 games and that was in his sophmore year. He has a lot of talent but can not play hurt and will never be a long term solution in the NFL. He does have a lot of talent and is fun to watch however. Back in HS he played 1A and it was just sick trying to watch those 140 lbs kids trying to tackle him. We used to sit up there and laugh our butts off.

Back
Top Bottom