Two Gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Gone

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Lethridge Gone
MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have waived/injured CB Zebbie Lethridge (finger).

Mayes Gone
MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have waived/injured TE Alonzo Mayes (knee).

SANTIAGO??

MAYES is your typical UNDERACHIEVER in every sense, and NEVER lived up to his BILLING out of OKLAHOMA STATE!! Good riddance!! Which brings up a question. I know the PHINS already have 3TE's but what are the odds of them pursueing O.J. SANTIAGO?? He's a good receiving TE!!!

Re: SANTIAGO??

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
MAYES is your typical UNDERACHIEVER in every sense, and NEVER lived up to his BILLING out of OKLAHOMA STATE!! Good riddance!! Which brings up a question. I know the PHINS already have 3TE's but what are the odds of them pursueing O.J. SANTIAGO?? He's a good receiving TE!!!

I wouldn't count on it... they love McMicheal, and seems that Weaver and Draper would be expected to step up if McMike didn't work out... was never really impressed by Santiago anyway, he's competent, but not any better than anyone we have IMO

We don't need Santiago, he is lazy, and we have Randy McMichael, the new Keith Jackson.

Just a thought!!

I don't know if he is lazy or not, the only thing I know he is a GOOD not great pass catching tight end!!! I just thought he might provide some depth!! From what I saw of him he's been an underachiever , but he seemed to bring it together a bit in CLEVELAND and fits a NORV TE MOLD!! DEPTH!!! I love McMICHAEL my self and I said it from the getgo this guy would be a stud, but we haven't played a ral game yet and injuries are part of the game and depth is CRUCIAL!!! THAT'S ALL I'M TRYING TO SAY FELLAS!!!

:cool: Don't get me wrong... I wasn't bashing you for your opinion, my point was simply that depth at TE is not something we're short of right now, and I don't see Santiago as an upgrade to anyone we have now. If we were still pinning hopes on Mayes, then I'd say go for it.. but we dropped the dead weight at that position, and still have depth...
IMHO, Wann-Spiel will be concenrating more on positions that are more shallow than TE...

Back
Top Bottom