Two interesting factoids | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two interesting factoids

For those of you who know Eminem........

16257579416-1.jpg

Whomever said that a pass rush will solve the midrange passes is wrong. Those midrange passes are quick passes to slot receivers and backs crossing over the middle. Those dont take time to develop and any o-line can hold a non-blitzing d for that long. If you blitz, then your Lb'ers arent there to make the coverage or tackle.

The reason those midrange passes work so well against our defense is because of the JJ/Wanny/Butch Davis mentality is that any old fool with speed can play linebacker. Our linebackers including Zach (a diamond in the rough and was found on accident not genius by JJ) cant cover those pass routes every time. In fact if Zach doesnt cover it, no one seems to.

Those crossing passes exploit the weaknesses of our defense...over pursuit and 2 medocre linebackers.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Those crossing passes exploit the weaknesses of our defense...over pursuit and 2 medocre linebackers.

Well they also exploit the system we use most often... 4-3 man zone defense. Crossing routes are designed to find the seam in the zone coverage. Blitzing a cornerback usually will result in a sack or an interception on such a play....and how often does Miami blitz cornerbacks??

All that means ****. When it comes down to it. Can a team beat us. CAn a team win a game against us(as a team) meaning on all three phases of the game. The questions is NO. You could beat us in the past if your team had a very good offense because our O just could not cut it. Or if are D had a complete meltdown. But now HAHHAHHA. The Fins are going to make a mockery of the league this. I just wish some people could just see that. If you burn our defense than the Offense is going to show up. If you are controlling our Offense than Our Defense will show up. There's no way this year we are going to lose a game no matter what. It's going to take all to outsmart norv, out smart Keith Armstrong, and outsmart Jim Bates. These coordinators have won Superbowl for Christ sake. Now they have all this talent to work with. If someone is going to miss this Train we call the Dolphins this year, all I can say is good luck.

More interesting facts...

Dolphins Own the top NFL Record since 1970:
Dolphins: 316-171-2... .648

We have the best record in our first four games in the past 11years:
Dolphins: 32-9-0... .780

Most points on Opening day:
The Fins scored 52 points vs. the Jets on 9/3/95, W: 52-14
Scored 49 on Sunday, W: 49-14

Ricky Williams ranks fifth on all time Dolphin debuts with 111 yards, 20 attempts, and 2TDs.

First on the list? Some dude named Abner Haynes with 151yards on 12 attempts and 2tds.

Fiedler ranks 4th as best starting record of active QBs (Min 10 starts):

1. Kurt Warner
2. Tom Brady
3. Jim Miller
4. Fiedler

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
All that means ****. When it comes down to it. Can a team beat us. CAn a team win a game against us(as a team) meaning on all three phases of the game. The questions is NO. You could beat us in the past if your team had a very good offense because our O just could not cut it. Or if are D had a complete meltdown. But now HAHHAHHA. The Fins are going to make a mockery of the league this. I just wish some people could just see that. If you burn our defense than the Offense is going to show up. If you are controlling our Offense than Our Defense will show up. There's no way this year we are going to lose a game no matter what. It's going to take all to outsmart norv, out smart Keith Armstrong, and outsmart Jim Bates. These coordinators have won Superbowl for Christ sake. Now they have all this talent to work with. If someone is going to miss this Train we call the Dolphins this year, all I can say is good luck.

You truly need to put the pipe down and start the 5 step recovery classes ASAP.

Undefeated? How can you expect someone to jump on that empty bandwagon with you after just one game against a very ugly football team like the Lions?

In this NFL, where parity rules, going undefeated is next to impossible. Injuries happen no matter how loud you shout. Turnovers will happen too.

I just hope that when Miami gets its first loss, you don't go off the deep end and OD on that pipe of yours.

Stay sober.

That is interesting that Rickey is the first Heismen winner for the Dolphins, anybody know who has the most my guess would be the raiders

Back
Top Bottom