TWO KEYS to the Jets game: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TWO KEYS to the Jets game:

Here's the key to the game.

Ricky left, Ricky right, Ricky up the middle, play-action.

The Jets have an undersized defense and after Ricky gets his 20th carry of the game in the third quarter the Jets defense will start to crumble in the heat.

Control the clock, wear the Jets defense down, and play-action passing over the top of the safeties and it's going to be a long day for the Jets.

I'm unconcerned right now about the Jets offense. If we keep them under 35 we still win the game.

Originally posted by Aqua
Here's the key to the game.

Ricky left, Ricky right, Ricky up the middle, play-action.

The Jets have an undersized defense and after Ricky gets his 20th carry of the game in the third quarter the Jets defense will start to crumble in the heat.

Control the clock, wear the Jets defense down, and play-action passing over the top of the safeties and it's going to be a long day for the Jets.

I'm unconcerned right now about the Jets offense. If we keep them under 35 we still win the game.
totally agree - the more our O has the ball , the less important a pass rush and Fletcher out there and the like will become. Ricky vs Martin is the key. If Ricky rumbles, then our D will be fine. And as in every game, the #1 and #2 keys is TOs and TOs.

BTW - I would take another 21-13 win anyday even if the Jets end up going Kotite in 2002. :D

They are calling for 60% chance of thunderstroms and 87 degrees -- it will be cooler on the grass in maimi than it was on the turf in buffalo where it hit 120.
The game will come down to TOP - the best defense in this game will be the better offense...if martin runs all day and keeps the chains moving the fish are in trouble...we held ricky to 50 yards last year in NO so with JF, evans, and webster we will contain him again - i hope:)
If ricky runs all day and they move the chains the phins win...this is going to be fun! Always a great game...
Last home loss in september for the dolphins was who?? anyone remember who beat them last ???

Yeah, it said that for the Lions game too. The Lions were expecting 85 degrees, and it jumped to over 100 on the field. That's not including the humidity factor that will be a killer since it is gonna rain here the rest of the week until the game. Guys, don't take into account what the weather says too much about Miami, it always is scattered thunderstorms and 87 degrees on the forcast, it don't mean ****. I garauntee you that it is gonna be wet and toasty out there on Sunday, and LOUD as hell too.

It should not be that close, we should dominate this game. I don't care what has happened in the past, the Jets suck and we kick ass. If its a 100 degrees in the shade or 10 degrees and snow WE SHOULD KICK THE **** OUT OF THE JETS ON SUNDAY.

"But they are going to spread us out and throw every ball to fletcher's man and he will give up 60 touchdowns..."

...Look, do the Patriots and Bills have better secondaries than us? I don't think so and they shut the Jets receivers down. So will we.

"Oh, but Curits Martin is going to run all over us..."
...Please! The colts have a really good offensive line plus a guy named James carrying the rock. Curtis Martin is not as good as James, and the Jets O-Line compared to the Colts is not as good (with the exception of mawae).

All this combined with the fact that Herman "Don't Call Me Pee Wee" Edwards is a disciple of Tony Dungy who we handled pretty well... I don't understand why anyone is really nervous about this game... IMO we have a slightly better chance of loosing this game than we did the Detroit game...

Let's hope it stays as hot as it's been the last few days.

Yesterday it was 92 degrees with 75% humidity with a heat index of 104.

It will be very hot sitting at the game but that's all right me. The Jets will wilt in the heat.

If that tropical storm becomes an issue it could be some rough weather. The forecast is vague right now because of the unpredictability but if the storm stalls in the gulf the forcast is for 3 to 30 inches of rain between Thursday to Sunday. See what I mean about vague.

Heat is overrated in football -- if you are winning it doesn't seem to be a factor - you fall behind and damn it's hot...if the jets jump out to an early lead and take ricky out of the equation a bit it could get interesting...but the whole heat talk by the dolphins sounds like they are trying to avoid the streak talk and change the subject...you mention the consecutive pre october winning streak and who pops up -- last team to beat you @ home before october 1...the Jets....this guys remember the last few games and it is eating them up...gonna be a war -- this is no easy win for either team.

Aqua I am feeling your enthusiasm and I think it's great. We need more like you on this board. Because I was starting to **** bricks over this game. Now I feel a little better.

If Surtain doesn't play, your secondary is VERY ordinary, definitely not better than either NE or BUF.

So much better than the JITS though. Hey, by the way, aren't your probowl corners elsewhere now?

Oh yeah?

... even with Surtain out this secondary is light years ahead of your smurf WR's corps. My God what genius runs a WCO and picks smurf WR's to play in that WCO? Your offense was doomed b4 it even begun.

Oliver...

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
If Surtain doesn't play, your secondary is VERY ordinary, definitely not better than either NE or BUF.

Originally posted by 85inthehall
Heat is overrated in football

Not true...ask the Vikings

Or ask the Eagles who were drinking pickle juice to stay hydrated...it's more of a factor when you're losing? H@ll yeah it is... that's a no brainer...ANY weather condition is a detrement when you're losing...

that's why when the fins fall behind they will really feel the heat :)
The heat will not be a factor --- the jets offense will control the ball for 40 minutes -- this will be an impressive game for us.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S

Madison and Marion alone are better than Buffalo's or your secondary.

Originally posted by 85inthehall
Heat is overrated in football -- if you are winning it doesn't seem to be a factor - you fall behind and damn it's hot...if the jets jump out to an early lead and take ricky out of the equation a bit it could get interesting...but the whole heat talk by the dolphins sounds like they are trying to avoid the streak talk and change the subject...you mention the consecutive pre october winning streak and who pops up -- last team to beat you @ home before october 1...the Jets....this guys remember the last few games and it is eating them up...gonna be a war -- this is no easy win for either team.

Heat is overrated? Then please explain our little win streak? Or how about the 'Fins-Raiders game last year. They were winning in the heat? Was it overrated then? Ask them. Actually, they were already asked, it was killing them. I think you're trying to make yourself feel better about your chances. September in Miami is like December in Green Bay......

Back
Top Bottom