Two Players Possible at 46th Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Players Possible at 46th Pick

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
My guess is, Miami will look at these two players:

1. Corey Webster, CB, LSU -- Nick coached him at LSU, and the guy has everything Nick wants in a cornerback. He's a first round talent that will be a very good corner for a long time in the NFL.

2. Alfred Fincher, LB, Connecticut -- Miami has shown a lot of interest in this guy, and they could look at him as a potential strong side linebacker. They believe he can play in a two point as well as a three point stance at times, and he could eventually slide inside.

I heard Saban was leaning towards a safety with the 46th pick... Something about a bozo out of New Mexico... Josh Bazinet or something like that..

anyone else hear the same thing??

KB21 said:

1. Corey Webster, CB, LSU -- Nick coached him at LSU, and the guy has everything Nick wants in a cornerback. He's a first round talent that will be a very good corner for a long time in the NFL.

2. Alfred Fincher, LB, Connecticut -- Miami has shown a lot of interest in this guy, and they could look at him as a potential strong side linebacker. They believe he can play in a two point as well as a three point stance at times, and he could eventually slide inside.

I agree on both. Fincher I'd forgotten. So many options now - I suggest they have many targets at the 46 depending on how they get on at dealing the 2.

I hope we don't get Webster... then Section will have to call Saban a moron. :shakeno:

Seriously though, I like webster... I'd want either CB or S I think... Madison is getting up there... and we've got no depth at saftey right now.

Ernest Shazor ? (not in 2nd, but becomes an option in 3.)

Kevin Burnett?

Here are PFW's rankings of 36 through 56. I'm posting a wide span, because you can never tell who Nick has rated in this area:

36. Marcus Johnson, OL, Ole Miss
37. Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
38. Daryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia
39. Charlie Frye, QB, Akron
40. Matt Jones, ATH, Arkansas
41. Shaun Cody, DT, Southern California
42. Channing Crowder, LB, Florida
43. Barrett Ruud, ILB, Nebraska
44. Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska
45. Eric Green, CB, Virginia Tech
46. Odell Thurman, ILB, Georgia
47. Ciatrick Fason, RB, Florida
48. Alex Smith, TE, Stanford
49. Mike Patterson, DT, Southern California
50. Terrence Murphy, WR, Texas A&M
51. Logan Mankins, OG, Fresno State
52. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame
53. Jonathan Babineaux, DT, Iowa
54. Kevin Burnett, LB, Tennessee
55. Stanley Wilson, CB, Stanford
56. Corey Webster, CB, LSU

KB21 said:
Here are PFW's rankings of 36 through 56. I'm posting a wide span, because you can never tell who Nick has rated in this area:

36. Marcus Johnson, OL, Ole Miss
37. Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
38. Daryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia
39. Charlie Frye, QB, Akron
40. Matt Jones, ATH, Arkansas
41. Shaun Cody, DT, Southern California
42. Channing Crowder, LB, Florida
43. Barrett Ruud, ILB, Nebraska
44. Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska
45. Eric Green, CB, Virginia Tech
46. Odell Thurman, ILB, Georgia
47. Ciatrick Fason, RB, Florida
48. Alex Smith, TE, Stanford
49. Mike Patterson, DT, Southern California
50. Terrence Murphy, WR, Texas A&M
51. Logan Mankins, OG, Fresno State
52. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame
53. Jonathan Babineaux, DT, Iowa
54. Kevin Burnett, LB, Tennessee
55. Stanley Wilson, CB, Stanford
56. Corey Webster, CB, LSU

If this list was the Reality......Matt jones no question.
After that, the names I like are:
QB Frye
CB Webster (Got to love a rookie coming in already understanding Nick's scheme)
DT Shaun Cody

KB21 said:

You know I'm on the Webster wagon. If Saban is thinking of getting a corner in the draft, and if Webster falls that far, then Webster would be a great pick. He should be a first rounder IMO. He has great size, great speed, and has a knack for the ball. He had as many Int's and passes defended in two years, than most corners have in four.

Does anyone realize that #23 is now open?

That's Ronnie Brown's number.

KB21 said:
Does anyone realize that #23 is now open?

That's Ronnie Brown's number.

Actualy it did occur to me earlier, while I was weeping over losing Surtain. Brought a smile right back on my face.

Don't tell knight that on the main forum, because he will just counter with yeah but 24 is open too, and it's a better number. :D

I like the USC linemen, Roth, Burnett, Blackstock, Wesbter, Thurman and Murphy from that list from PFW.

I'd project Thurman to them, but I've already got him in the first round to the Eagles. I think it will be Corey Webster.

Blackstocks ability off the edge and his ability in the 3-4 make him very attractive.

Back
Top Bottom