Two questions that give us all the answers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two questions that give us all the answers

The problem is that we didn't give this money to Feely to be a back-up! I agree that we should look at Sage.......but we need either a veteran Back-up or a rookie with some potential(RIVERS OR HENSON).........I just do not see it happening......Just accept that A.J is our starter for at least 2 more years....Hope it works out.

It's hard to judge a player on preseason, but two eyars ago Sage was playing a preseason game against the 49ers(I think) I saw him complete quite a few nice long passes hiting the receiver in stride.

I wish we could see more of him to get a real Feely errrr Feel for his play. :lol: Sorry couldn't help it.

LOL....Gosh the Feely jokes...so many options...so little board space...:tongue:

Anywho...I think we push for Henson and if Ogun is gone we have 2 first rounders...OL and WR bada bing...maybe a QB in the 1st if Henson doesnt land to us...

Right now, I don't think Dave and Rick have a "plan B".....

QB S. Rosenfels isn't going to be our back-up. He's not even close to being ready IMO. I've seen him in action during the QB schools / TC / and during the pre-season....

He's a 3rd stringer for a reason. He's not that good....

If we put him at #2, our QB depth will be the laughing stock of the NFL. Sage is not ready to take over yet, and I doubt he ever will....

PHINZ RULE!!! :pirate:

First to the question. Evcery team will stack the LOS cos they need to try and stop Ricky first. But like another poster said, we need to make them pay for doing that. As soon as we hit a few passes over the top then the safeties are gonna have to back off and we'll be able to run the ball. Keep on mind that we're gonna run the ball first regarless of who's the QB. If this kid can connect early on some long passes then they'll have no choice but to back off the LOS.

I think we'll try and get a veteran QB to be the 2nd or 3rd stringer imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Good questions and well put. I think the big thing everyone seems to be forgeting here is the guys only played five games. He lost one of those. Those wins were all against losing teams. I think you could easily put together a highlight film of Jay from five games that would make him look good too. But he wasn't good enough.

The goal here is to get to that level where we contend for a title. Not just get better than Jay. The point about making defenses fear our passing game is particularly true. Will the defense go into their weekly meeting and go "WOW we have to look out for Feely this week!"?

I hope the guy is a Pro Bowler. But in a time when we needed a sure move they made about as big a gamble as you could make.

In a league of 32 pairs of starting and back-up q.b's where does Feely/Sage rank? Have we upgraded the position? My guess is 30th! Unless we have something else planned.........This is not the upgrade we were promised.:cry:

Agreed Phins13. I have yet to see anyone explain how this 3rd storing guy with four wins against losing teams was our best choice. I just don't get it. I love my Fins as much as anyone, but we screwed the pooch on this one.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
The only problem I really have with this is the fact that if Feely doesn't work there is no plan B. If they still grab a QB in the draft (which is highly unlikely) then hell let Feely have all the chance he wants, at least if he fails you have somebody else to throw in there.

I dont know where you get drafting a QB is "highly unlikely" from. I dont think anyone including rick spielman knows who they will eventually draft. they only will know who they like and who may or may not be there.

Originally posted by Phins13
In a league of 32 pairs of starting and back-up q.b's where does Feely/Sage rank? Have we upgraded the position? My guess is 30th! Unless we have something else planned.........This is not the upgrade we were promised.:cry:

My guess is that Feeley will be better than Drew Bledsoe. hows that?:lol:

Originally posted by fin-atic
Good questions and well put. I think the big thing everyone seems to be forgeting here is the guys only played five games. He lost one of those. Those wins were all against losing teams. I think you could easily put together a highlight film of Jay from five games that would make him look good too. But he wasn't good enough.

The goal here is to get to that level where we contend for a title. Not just get better than Jay. The point about making defenses fear our passing game is particularly true. Will the defense go into their weekly meeting and go "WOW we have to look out for Feely this week!"?

I hope the guy is a Pro Bowler. But in a time when we needed a sure move they made about as big a gamble as you could make.

they know becuase they looked at teh whole market available to them and they studied him in detail. the general conseses is that he "manages the game well".

Originally posted by finfan54

I dont know where you get drafting a QB is "highly unlikely" from. I dont think anyone including rick spielman knows who they will eventually draft. they only will know who they like and who may or may not be there.

Of course nothing is for sure, I just highly doubt they are going to give up a 2nd next year and then turn around and use a first this year to grab another QB.

Truthfully unless they get a #1 for Ogun it would be nuts for them to not draft a WR, and go with 2 QB's. This isn't even taking into consideration and OL in the first.

If they somehow get Rivers or Henson I will be much more comfortable, I will still think they overpaid but it would be much easier to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom