two words for OGun !!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

two words for OGun !!!!!!

Do you really think that this team can spare 7 million plus dollars a year to keep tagging Wale? If that does happen next year, the price in released playres will be steep.

Jimmy James said:
Do you really think that this team can spare 7 million plus dollars a year to keep tagging Wale? If that does happen next year, the price in released playres will be steep.
Exactly. If we're gonna spend the money to franchise him, we might as well sign him long-term.

If any of us were in his shoes, we (I) would do the samething. He's just playing the game between the FO and his agent and himself. He thinks he is worth more than the tender offer, is he right, proably not. I think by the time the season starts he'll realize the right thing to do is just play and put up the numbers like he did this past season.

It's the signing bonus that the franchise tag will save us. Ogun wants a 14 million dollar bonus. That ain't happenin'. The bigger point is that WE have the leverage. He's acting as if he can just walk after a year.

Well, not so fast. You do not hold all the cards.

Not saying we will franchise him, but we certainly can bring up the possibility in negotiations with Ogun.

This drama has not been created by Adewale or Drew. It has been created by the media pushing an agenda and overreacting fans. Just look at how some of you completely overreacted to Patrick Surtain's desire to be paid as a top NFL cornerback.

Fact is, Miami should have had the foresight to get a long term deal done with Adewale LAST year, when they could have got him for about $20 million less than what they will sign him for this year.

First off, the person who started this thread is retarded for dragging Pat Tillman's name into something as trivial as a football contract negotiation. Tillman was a hero the moment he turned away from money and fame (aka the American Dream) and went off to defend our country. He would have been no less of a hero had he come home safe and sound. His death just brought to light what everyone should have seen in the first place.

Now, as for Ogunleye, he is doing nothing wrong. For all of you that want him to "stop whining", I suggest you do the same. It's funny, he is out there trying to get paid, and you are all crying about it. This is his livelyhood, he may not get another chance at big money. He SHOULD make every attempt to get every penny he can now.

I'm sure that if you were up for your review at your job and you had clearly out-performed 90% of your peers, you would happily take the raise the company first offered you, even if your new salary was in the bottom 50 percentile of the people in your position.

GET OFF HIS NUTS.....IT'S HIS LIFE, YOU'RE JUST A FAN!!

I think Ogun is being the knob here. Like JT told him and like the way the rules are set up, (agreed to by the union I might add) he should play for the tender like JT did and get his money next year. That is the way the system is set up. How does he endear himself to his current teammates or any other team or teammates by holding out showing his selfishness. The Dolphins are doing absolutely nothing wrong in this whole scenario. If he holds out and the defence struggles early then I dont think he will be too welcome in that locker room for the last 6 games. His fellow union members have had to play by the rules and get the big contract after year 4 and he should not think he is any different. Sign the 1.8 mil offer and get your money when you are entitled to it. Ogun, you are making an a$$ out of yourself in my opinion. NO player is bigger than the TEAM!!!

the money has spoiled all of them, that is why pat is so special, they are all scum

burger13 said:
For all of you that want him to "stop whining", I suggest you do the same. It's funny, he is out there trying to get paid, and you are all crying about it. This is his livelyhood, he may not get another chance at big money. He SHOULD make every attempt to get every penny he can now.

I'm sure that if you were up for your review at your job and you had clearly out-performed 90% of your peers, you would happily take the raise the company first offered you, even if your new salary was in the bottom 50 percentile of the people in your position.

GET OFF HIS NUTS.....IT'S HIS LIFE, YOU'RE JUST A FAN!!

Good post sir. I agree. If anybody here see's football as anything else but a way to make as much money as you can while still can, wake up. Cuz thats all it is. A money making machine. If your good, you should get paid. However, problems come when players think they deserve more than they're worth. Thats not to say that Ogun isn't a good player, and that he dosen't procure a big annual sallery, it just means that to the Dolphins, he's not worth the 8 million dollar a year for 5 years that he wants. What he's doing is only in detriment to himself. The Dolphins want him, but cant afford his asking price. Other teams would like him, but they're probably bothered by his antics. So he's just gonna end up losing if he holds out.

Spazzo

The union agreed to a CBA that includes BOTH the RFA provisions and the qualifications for a year of service to accrue. What is so damned hard about that? Just as playing for the $1.8 million is within the "rules", holding out is within the "rules". Wale isn't acting like he is any different -- he's playing the same rulebook everybody else had.

These players you say he is alienating are also professionals, and they understand how important it is to get paid. I believe he'd catch more hell from them if they thought he wasn't looking out for his interests than he ever would for taking care of the money situation after the team has told him he would be taken care of.

I will agree that the Dolphins aren't doing anything wrong, but I really wish more of you would see the light that neither is Wale!

From the article:
"The market is set," Ogunleye said. "There should be no debate. Are you trying to stick it to me for some reason? That's the way I'm looking at it."
Just like Seinfeld. "YOU'RE STICKIN' IT!!!"

:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they have put this off long enough havent they? Sure he needs to shut his mouth in the press no doubt about that, but isnt it time to bring him off the backburner?

That's the sort of position I can respect, Stan. I understand what you guys find disrespectful about going to the press.

BigFinFan said:
No one here is trying to overlook what Ogun did for the 'Phins last year. The contract that is being offered is IAW the CBA. He is getting what he deserves IAW the CBA!

The funny thing about all of this is that he WANTS to be paid what he thinks he is worth. Hmmmmmm - didn't 31 other teams have a shot to sign him to an offer sheet for only a 1st and 3rd?

HE HAD ZERO SUITORS!

Do those other 31 teams see something that he does not see?

Just a little reality and perspective on Ogun!

That would be accurate if you included the fact that there was also a 1st and 3rd round bounty on Wale. That is just huge.

The contract alone doesn't scare teams. It's the contract plus the high picks that tip the scales. That's just huge. Heh, in the Bears case, they reportedly were willing to part with the picks. But the contract on top of it was just too much.

Excellent point, Muck.

Let's break it down a bit farther for all of you who might be in doubt:

If you could have Wale signed, or you could have David Boston, Vernon Carey, Wil Poole, and Tony Bua, which one would you pick? I honestly think that's actually a bit skewed in the favor of Wale because DB probably doesn't make as much as Wale would under the first year of the deal he could get in the free market...

Back
Top Bottom