Ty Law Next? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law Next?

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
So I was reading up on Ty Law and this crossed my mind, he wants lots of money and teams don't want to pay him that kind of money because of the possibility that he may not produce. So I was thinking why don't we sign him to a contract that fits our cap room, but include many incentives to make him happy. That way if he doesn't produce we didn't pay him alot and if he does produce then he gets paid what he wants. Makes sense to me.

Law and his agent doesnt want a cheap contract. Saban already said that he doubts that we are able to afford his price range that he wants. There will be some teams out there that will give him the money he wants, and we are not one of those teams.

Philter25 said:
:smackhead

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What cap room? Theres these really cool people, I call them Rookies, that we need to sign. We are 7 million under - Traylor signing - Rookie signing.

Basically right now we are dead even with the cap.

i dont think we gave traylor a contract of 2 mil. but we are probably close. to close to sign law.

Nappy Roots said:
i dont think we gave traylor a contract of 2 mil. but we are probably close. to close to sign law.

I doubt that what money we have, we spent it all on Traylor.

Nappy Roots said:
We have a rookie allotment of like 6 million... Traylor would be estimated to count 1 million against the cap.... just to play it safe. I dont know the financials of his deal yet. Figure 1 million for Traylor and 6 million to rookies..... were pretty much even. If TimBo retires that frees up some cash, same with cutting Bowens, but enough with this, we are not signing Law EVEN IF we had the cap space.

Philter25 said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What cap room? Theres these really cool people, I call them Rookies, that we need to sign. We are 7 million under - Traylor signing - Rookie signing.

Basically right now we are dead even with the cap.

Your suggestion is borderline.....
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=79983

I realize we have to signb rookies but we still have 2- 2.5 Million left to sign people my guess would be Traylor signed and will cost us $500-$700,000 cap hit. That still leaves us with about 1.5 million. I think that the bidding will slow down and there might be a possibility . This is all just an opinion no need to get frustrated.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I realize we have to signb rookies but we still have 2- 2.5 Million left to sign people my guess would be Traylor signed and will cost us $500-$700,000 cap hit. That still leaves us with about 1.5 million. I think that the bidding will slow down and there might be a possibility . This is all just an opinion no need to get frustrated.

Ty Law is not going to sign a 1 year deal with the miami dolphins. Saban even said it himself that the idea was "fantasy football."

Didnt Saban say Law coming here wont happen? I think the article referenced that it wouldnt even happen in a fantasy football league.

I don't think that we are going to sign Ty Law because Saban has confidence in our Cornerbacks already Madison and Howard will be our starters and Travis Daniels will be the third.

PhinDude88 said:
Law and his agent doesnt want a cheap contract. Saban already said that he doubts that we are able to afford his price range that he wants. There will be some teams out there that will give him the money he wants, and we are not one of those teams.

I agree.........I think this has been said about 200 times.

Back
Top Bottom