Tyler Conklin ...............why Not Him At Te ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Conklin ...............why Not Him At Te ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

I found 2 or 3 videos of him on the net and this guy seems really good (like always with internet videos).

I read he returned from injuries last year and he played better and better weeks after weeks..................so I read opinion on him from 2016 season and the opinions were very good.

Afert that, I read cbs sportline Conklin player profile and the more I read , the more I think he could be really good on pass protection and on receiving game with one more year from injurie when he will be 100% healthy with all his speed and lateral move return.

Does anybody know if our staff meet him or like him ?

Thanks for this information

I have Conklin as TE4 and have him in the 3rd/4th range. Not fast, but he's a good all-around athlete. He's smooth as a receiver and excels at adjusting to the ball in the air.

Similar to Conklin, I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about a couple other TEs in the draft as well in Smythe and Fumagalli. They clearly aren't in the same class as the top 4 TE prospects, but I think both these guys can contribute, and actually block a little (Smythe moreso than Fumagalli). We just don't get our seam threat TE with any of these prospects.

COnklin is one of several tight ends that aren't flashy but could play a role on an NFL roster.

Similar to Conklin, I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about a couple other TEs in the draft as well in Smythe and Fumagalli. They clearly aren't in the same class as the top 4 TE prospects, but I think both these guys can contribute, and actually block a little (Smythe moreso than Fumagalli). We just don't get our seam threat TE with any of these prospects.
From what I've heard fumagalli has layed real low. Hasn't worked out for anyone. Can't seem to figure out why. I actually hope it drops him and we double up at TE and grab him in 6th. He's actually a really descent blocker. I'd love love a Hurst in 2nd fum in 6th double up. I just hope he isn't injured. He did have a leg injury last year.

I like Ian Thomas from Indiana. He is a little raw but, once developed, can be another good all-around TE.

You never know how the draft falls. We could very well bypass TE in the first two rounds depending on how that goes. If Edmunds/Smith drop to 11, and someone like Reid or even Billy Price falls to 42.... Then you might start looking at guys like Andrews, Ian Thomas, Conklin, etc. later.

I could also see Rudolph sitting on the board at 42 and Miami bites. I think it's more likely the Dolphins address TE in the second round, but who knows what type of potential first round talent is still on the board as teams will inevitably reach for need throughout the draft.

Back
Top Bottom