Types of Penalties! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Types of Penalties!

Todd347347

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Most penalties happen for three reasons:

1. A player gets beat or is out of position and to make up for it commits a penalty.
2. A player is selfish and can't control his or her(madison) emotions.
3. Focus(offsides etc..)

For #1, the odds are if the player does not commit the penalty the play will fail anyway. For example if the OL doesn't hold the running play won't go anywhere or Gus gets killed. Of course there are exceptions.

For #2, honestly I really don't think much can be done about this type of player except a personel change. These type of players like to collect their paychecks and everything else is secondary. Its hard to change a person, they are who they are.

For #3, these are the worst penalties of them all because they just are not necessary. You can call it discipline or concentration or whatever its just plain terrible and completely unacceptable.

I agree that #3 are the worst penalties of them all. Nick Saban even said in his Press Conference, I believe it was last week that these are the penalties (as well as #2) that the players have to run GASSERS for. Everyone keeps saying this team lacks discipline, while that may be true... I think the biggest problem is the "PLAYERS" are lacking focus and are having mental lapses making foolish mistakes and are lacking focus.and concentration.

focus involves discipline. The foundation for discipline stems from a head coach and his gameplan. Saban is feared personally by players face to face, but he needs to instill that same fear so players stay focused on the field. Windspints are not going to cut it, fines and other means need to be set in foundation for discipline or else the penalties will continue. $$$$$, like in most professions, is the largest motivator for NFL players. You dip into those pockets, players will have to cut back on their "grills", "escalaadez as woody paige calls them," and never ending supply of big macs which is all our O-line seems to be thinking about throughout games. Saban is a great coach but these penalties need to stop if we're ever going to be competitive week in and week out through the season.

I'm wondering if the players are mentally sophisticated enough to remember their assignments without losing focus and concentration before the snap. It's either that or the coaches are throwing too much new stuff at them too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom