Tyreek + Achane = The Perfect Storm | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek + Achane = The Perfect Storm

Any surprise that Achane was used often as a receiver in OTA's today? Any surprise that many, many reporters were taken aback after seeing the speed up close? That he gained yardage in chunks? Got the (very) deep ball from Tua?

Mc Daniel may well believe he has a Tyreek clone in Achane, and is excited to scheme an offence that features both, in similar ways. Remember the Mc Daniel "push" to get Achane in rd2? The way he showed his excitement when he was available in Rd3?

Let's look at the similarities coming out of College:

Tyreek Hight: 68.13"
Achane Hight: 68.5"

Tyreek 40yd dash: 4.29 (Pro Day)
Achane 40yd dash: 4.32 (Combine)

Tyreek Weight: 185 lbs.
Achane Weight: 188 lbs.

Tyreek College 2014: 102 rushes (5.2 yd average). 31 receptions (9 yds per reception)
Achane College 2022: 196 rushes (5.6 yd average). 36 receptions (5.4 yds per reception)

Size, speed and usage in college is very very close. Tyreek was essentially a running back at Oklahoma. Both have the ability to take it to the house on any given play and will be a nightmare for defensive coordinators to scheme against. Besides ramping up team speed, the addition of Achane allows Mc Daniel to solidify a consistent and lethal Offensive scheme that can be used at all times, even if one of the players are hampered with injury.

Now we have a Dolphins Offensive identity that is not limited to one specific player being on the field. An identity that can last for years to come. Speed kills. Fins up!
I am so hyped. Petition to start the season this weekend?

I don’t think DA will be used too differently from what he did at TXAM.

His value is in the backfield. His skill set just allows for more variations while getting Mostert (or Cook) on the field at the same time.

Even as a decoy he offers a great value.

But make no mistake about it, he’s a running back.

Except that he'll be going from an archaic offensive mess to one of the most innovative offenses in football

Achane ran a 10.02. The 215th fastest 100M time in recorded history.

Its not a contest right now.

You’re right. It is no contest. Tyreek has been and still is the fastest dude in the NFL.

Tyreek ran a sub-10 second 100 once. Wind-aided, but still.

And he did that at a younger age than Achane and hasn’t been training for those events since JR college.

Tyreek would have bested all his HS times had he went the track and field route over football. He gave it up almost 10 years ago, before landing at a D1 college.

Furthermore, Achane won’t be running 10.02 once he’s a full time football player, like Tyreek Hill. I don’t think you’re understanding that.

To suggest Achane would “smash” Tyreek and that it’d be “no contest” is just silly talk. It lacks complete understanding of what both players did at what ages and what both have been training to do as of late.

Regardless, I can make the same assertions as you that will likely never be proven. If Hill trained for just 6 weeks, he would “smash” Achane in the 60M, 100M and 200M. It’d be “no contest”.

In all seriousness, as I said before, I’d need to see it before I believe it. Tyreek still has the crown until someone can prove otherwise.

If you were making the argument that they’d be competitive races, that’d be more reasonable. Maybe Achane could beat Tyreek here and there depending upon the day and vice versa. But to say Achane would smash Tyreek is just silly talk.

We’re not talking about Usain Bolt here.

Last edited:
Nope. I stated on draft weekend that I foresaw Achane being used like Andy Reid has traditionally used speed players like De’Anthony Thomas.

He’ll line up all over the field, as a slot, a RB, and even split out wide.

In some sets, you could have that speed balanced all over the field. Waddle on one-side, Tyreek on the other, Mostert behind Tua and Achane in the slot to either side.
Think Pacheco.

You’re right. It is no contest. Tyreek has been and still is the fastest dude in the NFL.

And he did that at a younger age than Achane and hasn’t been training for those events since JR college.

Tyreek would have bested all his HS times had he went the track and field route over football. He gave it up almost 10 years ago, before landing at a D1 college.

Furthermore, Achane won’t be running 10.02 once he’s a full time football player, like Tyreek Hill. I don’t think you’re understanding that.

To suggest Achane would “smash” Tyreek and that it’d be “no contest” is just silly talk. It lacks complete understanding of what both players did at what ages and what both have been training to do as of late.

Regardless, I can make the same assertions as you that will likely never be proven. If Hill trained for just 6 weeks, he would “smash” Achane in the 60M, 100M and 200M. It’d be “no contest”.

In all seriousness, as I said before, I’d need to see it before I believe it. Tyreek still has the crown until someone can prove otherwise.

If you were making the argument that they’d be competitive races, that’d be more reasonable. Maybe Achane could beat Tyreek here and there depending upon the day and vice versa. But to say Achane would smash Tyreke is just silly talk.

People who look at 40 times instead of actual track video are clueless. Go back and watch video of Tyreke on a track. Your jaw will hit the floor. World class speed

People who look at 40 times instead of actual track video are clueless. Go back and watch video of Tyreke on a track. Your jaw will hit the floor. World class speed

Ghost is just comparing track times thinking that gives him the answer. Because 10.02 is faster than 10.19.

But one time was run in HS and the other in D1 college after years of training.

Had Tyreek kept running beyond HS and barely into community college and then had D1 coaching, facilities and training at his disposal, who knows how low his time would have been?

As I said, he did run a wind-aided sub-10. Which is still crazy considering when he ran it.

As far as football speed goes, I’ve been watching college and the NFL for nearly 50 years now. I’ve never seen a faster player with the ball in his hands than Tyreek Hill. Mind you, I’m not old enough to have seen “Bullet” Bob Hayes, so there’s that. Closest I’ve seen was Bo Jackson. And I do think Darrell Green may have been faster, but he wasn’t a ball carrier.

If you were making the argument that they’d be competitive races, that’d be more reasonable. Maybe Achane could beat Tyreek here and there depending upon the day and vice versa. But to say Achane would smash Tyreke is just silly talk.

LOL.

There is no way Tyreek is running his fastest 100m time, right now.

Achane would be closer to his top time, right now.

I gave Tyreek the nod in a shorter race because he can hit his top speed quicker

Tyreek has added way too much muscle to compete with Achane, AT THIS POINT.

Nice of you to give him 6 weeks of hypothetical training.

Achane ran a 10.02. The 215th fastest 100M time in recorded history.

Its not a contest right now.
http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_100ok.htm 10.02 more like the 1532 fastest. But according to the Texas A&M website he ran a 10.14 https://12thman.com/sports/mens-track-and-field/roster/devon-achane/10221 which doesn't make the list. yes he is fast but lets not overegg the pudding. Tyreek ran a 10.19 (a 9.98 was illegal due to wind assistance) but that was a few years ago, so I would favour Achane because of the recency basis. And Tyreek's recent 6.70 60m aligns with Mostert in his T&F days when he ran 6.68 60m and a 10.73 100m when at Purdue. Which make me think that Metcalf's 10.37 would be tough for Hill to match now, but never discount his competitive desire.

To chime in on this “argument” — we have the fastest offense in the NFL by a long shot.

Achane and Hill are so fast that we forget about Waddle, who would be the fastest WR on what — 28 of 32 teams?

That is crazy.

To chime in on this “argument” — we have the fastest offense in the NFL by a long shot.

Achane and Hill are so fast that we forget about Waddle, who would be the fastest WR on what — 28 of 32 teams?

That is crazy.

Yeah, Waddle has elite level speed. Yet might only be the 3rd or 4th fastest on the team.

I said pre-draft that Mahomes would be the steal of the draft no matter where he was picked. With Achane, I thiught he would be considered the steal of the draft if he went later than 2nd round. We shall see.

I said pre-draft that Mahomes would be the steal of the draft no matter where he was picked. With Achane, I thiught he would be considered the steal of the draft if he went later than 2nd round. We shall see.
said the same for mahomes..

hope you're right about achane.

Back
Top Bottom