Tyreek Trade in Retrospect | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Trade in Retrospect

I'd much rather enjoy watching the team play with one of the/if not the most exciting player in the league than flip Hill and wish we had a player like him that made Sundays that much more enjoyable.

Or we can trade him and constantly bitch about how we have a stale team with no talent that never is in the playoff convo. And we gave up an All-Pro CB because we 100% would've drafted McDuffie? Or did trade Sky Moore and Toney? Nonsense argument.

I don't even know how many times Hill has made me jump out of my seat and cheer, that's a pretty important factor when rooting for your team, no?
true but we need to build a complete team not just a circus show. Can Grier/McD do that, I would fall on the floor if so but you can't give up right? Pry Lynch away from SF and let him figure it out

We all know how he played since the Tenn game. Yes Tyreek dropped too many, but Tua did not play well.

This is just a silly narrative being pedled.

After Tennessee.

Tua played great against the Jets, without Hill.

Tua played good and efficient against the Cowboys.

Baltimore, wasn't great wasn't horrible.

Bills, overall, not a great game.

Just because a QB doesn't throw for 300 + yards and 3 tds doesn't mean he didn't play good.

Tuas final Stata involve the bad they're already counted.

However, if Hill catches that east TD against the Ravens, Tua's poor performance is no longer poor.

If Hill catches that perfectly thrown third down pass in the 4th. Or the perfectly thrown pass the next drive which would have been a TD, then Tua suddenly didn't have a poor game. It's not saying "if he doesn't throw that INT" it's saying if the perfectly thrown ball is caught.

Many elite QBS struggle in games but then make 1 or 2 great plays.

For all purposes, Mahomes stunk in the SB. However, 2 drives and a couple plays and all of a sudden he's MVP.

The diferrence between Mahomes being MVP and having a poor performance is Hardman caught the pass. MVS caught the pass.

If those 2 passes are dropped, it's suddenly a poor performance.

Tua wouldn't have accomplished what he did if it wasn't for the trade..... that being said, what happens in the next 2 years if still, no playoff wins.

This team already committed to being offense first. Eventually, results must be given. If we can't get past a Super WildCard game in 4 years, I'm sorry but blow it up.

After Tennessee.

Just because a QB doesn't throw for 300 + yards and 3 tds doesn't mean he didn't play good.

However, if Hill catches that east TD against the Ravens, Tua's poor performance is no longer poor.

If Hill catches that perfectly thrown third down pass in the 4th. Or the perfectly thrown pass the next drive which would have been a TD, then Tua suddenly didn't have a poor game. It's not saying "if he doesn't throw that INT" it's saying if the perfectly thrown ball is caught.

For all purposes, Mahomes stunk in the SB. However, 2 drives and a couple plays and all of a sudden he's MVP.

The diferrence between Mahomes being MVP and having a poor performance is Hardman caught the pass. MVS caught the pass.

You must be talking about the first Jets game, cause the second one he threw one of the worst pick 6's I've ever seen probably. Straight to the house. It was like he was a rookie again, but to be fair I don't think McDaniel called that route since, so...

You must be talking about the first Jets game, cause the second one he threw one of the worst pick 6's I've ever seen probably. Straight to the house. It was like he was a rookie again, but to be fair I don't think McDaniel called that route since, so...

Lol, no.

The 2nd game where Miami won 30-0.

Plus his pick 6 was no diferrent then Patrick Mahomes pick 6 against the Raiders.

I think we may have the potential to flip him for some decent return if they choose to do so but that would have to be done probably this offseason, maybe next. He is our best player and it's not close but we could be as good imo without him but it would take some good player acquisition/drafting with a lot of good coaching to construct the O a bit differently (which may benefit us)

YES!!!

It all comes back to one basic concept.
Football is a team sport.

The dynasty teams have all had respectable play at all positions and good play calling, along with some pretty good players. They had lot of "under the radar" players that our fans seem to ignore.

Many of our posters seem to believe that "every position should have an all-pro player at that position " mentality and they are basically "blinded by the light" of prominent players during the draft and Free Agency.

I've seen this attitude every year since I became a Dolphin fan in 2016. Just watch how many of our posters go "all in" on certain prospects or positions, without much regard to our draft position or our cap situation. I'm sure you've seen this and possibly have and might have held some of those positions I've stated. That is one thing that will make this draft interesting from my perspective, how far some of our posters will have hyperbolically extreme positions as to whom to draft and when to draft.

Do our massive coaching changes on the Defense send a signal that we will consider improving our players a priority over bringing in FA's and drafting Defensive players?

I think it does, although I could see bringing in some late round draft picks if an available player will improve us at a particularly weak position. Beyond that, I see this draft focusing on the Offense. I don't see much room for FA's, depending on our cap position, so if we do bring in FA's it will be on "one year make or break" deals, and a majority of those will be for Defensive players or UDFA's at any position.

Now, if our HC favors a player's speed as a top priority, fine. Just bring in other players who can support that "speed kills" mentality by supporting good game planning and good play calling in order to help those "fast" players succeed.

Always remember - NFL football is the ultimate team sport.

Last edited:
YES!!!

It all comes back to one basic concept.
Football is a team sport.

The dynasty teams have all had responsible play at all positions and good play calling, along with some pretty good players and a lot of "under the radar" players that our fans seem to ignore. They believe that "every position should be an all-pro position at that position " mentality and who are basically are "blinded by the light" of prominent players during the draft and Free Agency.

I've seen this attitude every year since I became a Dolphin fan in 2016.

Now if our HC favors a player's speed as a top priority, fine. Just give other players who can support that "speed kills" mentality by incorporating good game planning, good play calling and the team support to help those "fast" players succeed.

Always remember - NFL football is the ultimate team sport.
The dynasty’s all have a franchise QB

After Tennessee.

Had the ball to beat Tenn on the final drive and choked. Defense/Special Teams gifted him so much in that game and he still couldn't seal the deal, against a terrible football team.

Beat the Jets because it's the Jets and they can't score, how impressive.

Beat the Cowboys and played decently for once against a quality opponent, congrats.

Played like crap against the Ravens, Bills and Chiefs as expected. Not good enough from a "franchise QB".

Man, ignore list is getting longer during the offseason. Guess we will revisit the list again at the beginning of the season to see if people have gotten their jimmies unrustled.

Had the ball to beat Tenn on the final drive and choked. Defense gifted him so much in that game and he still couldn't seal the deal.

Beat the Jets because it's the Jets.

Beat the Cowboys and played pretty well, good for him.

Played like crap against the Ravens, Bills and Chiefs as expected. Not good enough from a "franchise QB".

Led 2 TD drives to take a 14 point lead with less then 4 minutes to go in the game against the Titans. Rewards the defenses efforts. Then the defense did what 767 defenses had not done prior. Gave up a 14 point lead in 3 minutes to lose in regulation.

Beat the Jets. Love how it's " because it's the Jets" yet some worried about that defense which was a good defense. But of course, you would downplay that.

If you judged Mahomes on his 3 worst performances this season, Tua is a hall of fame in comparison

Led 2 TD drives to take a 14 point lead with less then 4 minutes to go in the game against the Titans. Rewards the defenses efforts. Then the defense did what 767 defenses had not done prior. Gave up a 14 point lead in 3 minutes to lose in regulation.

Beat the Jets. Love how it's " because it's the Jets" yet some worried about that defense which was a good defense. But of course, you would downplay that.

If you judged Mahomes on his 3 worst performances this season, Tua is a hall of fame in comparison
Watch again. 6:47 left in a tied game against a 4-8 team, and Tua has Ced Wilson wide open at the top of the screen but hesitates and gets sacked. They should be getting the ball back with a chance to win the game which is a laughable considering the season they had and the season we were having. We punt the ball and get it at the 7 due to a dropped punt, what an amazing TD drive by Tua. Great job of handing it off. Fumble the ball on the 12 on the next drive and Tua once again does a fantastic job of handing the ball off. You seriously gonna talk about how he "Led 2 TD drives to take a 14 point lead with less then 4 minutes to go in the game against the Titans"? When he had a chance to win the game on the last 2 drives and choked against a terrible football team, couldn't even get a pass off on the last 4th down. What a joke, y'all Tuanons cra cra.

Watch again. 6:47 left in a tied game against a 4-8 team, and Tua has Ced Wilson wide open at the top of the screen but hesitates and gets sacked. They should be getting the ball back with a chance to win the game which is a laughable considering the season they had and the season we were having. We punt the ball and get it at the 7 due to a dropped punt, what an amazing TD drive by Tua. Great job of handing it off. Fumble the ball on the 12 on the next drive and Tua once again does a fantastic job of handing the ball off. You seriously gonna talk about how he "Led 2 TD drives to take a 14 point lead with less then 4 minutes to go in the game against the Titans"? When he had a chance to win the game on the last 2 drives and choked against a terrible football team, couldn't even get a pass off on the last 4th down. What a joke, y'all Tuanons cra cra.

I know, you hate Tua. Congratulations.

He's the demon spawn and will cause eternal damnation to the Phinz.

I don't need to rewatch when Phinz were the 1st team in 768 games to lose a game in regulation with a 14 point lead.

No offense, but Tua and the offense should have never needed to get a 1st down in that scenario.

Maybe you'd be happier watching the Bills who when their QB and offense turns the ball over 4 times in the first half, within their 30 yard line, the defense doesn't actually give up 15 points in 3 minutes

And he tries to compensate by swearing all the time. Or something. I don't know what that is. I mean, I'm in the Army, we all have potty mouths here but it's not needed when your just talking or briefing something.. its weird
Your in the Army?

Back
Top Bottom