U-17 World Cup Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U-17 World Cup Thread

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
All Games are on Galavision, here are the times:

Thurs 8/14 US-S.Korea (delay, 1 pm ET/PT)
Sun 8/17 US-S. Leone (Live, 7:55 a.m. ET/ delay 7:55 a.m. PT)
Wed, 8/20 US-Spain (live, 12:55 p.m. ET/ delay, 1 p.m. PT)

Players to watch:

14 year old Striker Freddy Adu, who is considered to be one of the best young players in the world. I can't wait to see him play!
Defender Jonathan Spector, who has signed with Manchester United and will join their reserve or U-19 team after the tournament
Striker Eddie Gaven, a 16 year old who already plays for the MetroStars and has even scored a few goals including a game winner

Yeah, ;et's see if he is as good as he is hyped up to be.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Yeah, ;et's see if he is as good as he is hyped up to be.

He is. I heard Manchester United was very impressed when the US U-17 team played Man Utd's U-18s a week ago, which of course the USA won. Also, Freddy Adu schooled Blackburn's U-18s, and before you laugh, Blackburn's youth teams are very good. Their U-19s won the English title last year.

Adu also schooled Newcastle United's U-19s a few months ago. Newcastle was so impressed that they want him as well.

Yeah he was on ESPN's Top 10! Now you know If Soccer makes the Top 10, it is awesome :eek:

Tomorrow is the Sierra Leone game! I actually set my alarm so I can watch it. I'll catch up on my sleep after the game. GO USA!!!

Hopefully USA can win this all.

MVP = Freddy Adu?

It is 1-1 at the half. Sierra Leone is playing better and has had control of the possession, but the USA looked better in the end and scored a goal off a PK. Adu went down after a tackle and it was scary for a moment but he got up and looks fine.

The USA won 2-1. Of course, FREDDY ADU scored the game winner! This guy is worth all of the hype. He is incredible!!

This should just be called the Adu Cup....he is dominating.

Back
Top Bottom