UCLA vs. Notre Dame | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UCLA vs. Notre Dame

This game is a prime example of why I totally disrespect teams that choose the conservative approach and to curl up into a ball with a small lead.

UCLA had the ball 2 drives late in this game and chose to just run 3 times and out instead of being aggressive and going for first downs to keep their offense on the field draining more time.

UCLA got what they deserved. They chose to keep giving the ball back to the other team without a fight and to keep giving them chances to win the game. Silly strategy.

I understand the danger of putting the ball in the air to keep a drive alive but I think the benefits of controlling your own destiny in a game far outweigh the risks.

Having said that, Quinn is as clutch as it gets.

Trekbiz said:
This game is a prime example of why I totally disrespect teams that choose the conservative approach and to curl up into a ball with a small lead.

UCLA had the ball 2 drives late in this game and chose to just run 3 times and out instead of being aggressive and going for first downs to keep their offense on the field draining more time.

UCLA got what they deserved. They chose to keep giving the ball back to the other team without a fight and to keep giving them chances to win the game. Silly strategy.

I understand the danger of putting the ball in the air to keep a drive alive but I think the benefits of controlling your own destiny in a game far outweigh the risks.

Having said that, Quinn is as clutch as it gets.

I agree, when we punted with about 2:30 left I said please just run the ball. The way we were defending the pass even some bootlegs where he can run or throw might have ended the game. He is a sophmore though, I understand not having a ton of faith in him. Plus with there defense shutting us out pretty much I cant completely blame the UCLA coaches.

great comeback by Quinn and Zamardja(sp?). I had forgotten what being excited in a football game felt like

We all knew that Notre Dame would come back and win it.

I would rather have Zamardja then Quinn....Z could be a clutch receiver or a Tight End for us....Quinn is a little midget who won't make it in the pro's.

UF Fin Kat said:
i won't even bother pointing out how completely wrong that is. :lol:

Quinn will be the next Eric Crouch (Heisman trophy QB for Nebraska) who was too small for the pros.

Roman529 said:
Quinn will be the next Eric Crouch (Heisman trophy QB for Nebraska) who was too small for the pros.
fine, i HAVE to do it.

quinn is 6'4, 230. PROTOTYPICAL height and weight. he has absolutely NO comparisons with crouch.

UF Fin Kat said:
fine, i HAVE to do it.

quinn is 6'4, 230. PROTOTYPICAL height and weight. he has absolutely NO comparisons with crouch.

He looks smaller on tv. :lol: I just like Palko better UF. :wink:

Roman529 said:

wow :shakeno:

If you like Palko better alright, I guess, but making dumb stuff up to prove a point isnt going to help your argument. Quinn is IDEAL size for an NFL qb

UF Fin Kat said:
fine, i HAVE to do it.

Why, that's the same size as Dan Marino.

Roman529 said:

still waiting for an explanation on this one...:shakeno:

Roman529 said:
He looks smaller on tv. :lol: I just like Palko better UF. :wink:

romie rome...have you been drinking again? :lol:

p.s. anyone think quinn is too damn pretty for football?

122705FB0533-1.jpg

c'mon, what is this -- melrose place?

****in' genetics.

Back
Top Bottom