UDFA for Phins and other teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA for Phins and other teams

Did Miami sign Baggs, or are you saying that he is a player we should be looking at?

So far, two of these players have a very good chance of competing for a job. Kelvin Millhouse and Quinton Williams.

Kelvin Millhouse is a 6-0, 205 lbs cornerback that can run a 4.37 forty. He was a three year starter at Hawaii. He's a physical corner that does a great job of pressing at the line. He is a bit stiff in the hips and doesn't turn and run with the receivers well despite having great speed. He's a physical player when coming up to stop the run. The player he patterns his game after is Chris McAlister of the Ravens. He's not nearly as good, but he is a similar player. Millhouse has a great chance of making this team as a 5th cornerback, IMO.

Quinton Williams is about 5-11, 205 lbs and can play either free safety or strong safety. He's very good in zone coverage. He gets good depth in his drops. He's versatile enough to play both free and strong safety. He does a good job when he plays close to the line. He's a physical tackler. He's got the ability to come up and press the inside receiver at the line, though he will not run with that receiver very well. Overall, he's a good athlete that has started 42 of 44 games at Wake Forest in his career. He was considered the heart and soul of that defense.

Miami didn't draft a safety, so Williams has a chance to compete with Shawn Wooden for a roster spot. I think Shawn is on his last leg as an NFL player, and Williams could beat him out.

Fred Russell is a guy that will fall victim of the numbers game, but he could be a practice squad candidate that Miami may try to hide long enough to replace Travis Minor in a year.

No...we didnt sign Baggs...just put his name out there as someone we should sign

how do you guys feel about derrick knight? RB from BC...my dad went there and we go to a lot of games. Obviously the Phins dont need him but I def. thought he was going to get drafted. I love his game and i was just wondering if you guys had heard anything about his whereabouts

I'm not a big fan of BC running backs. For some reason, they do well at the college level but do not project well to the pros. Mike Cloud, William Green, and now Derrick Knight.

The best pro back out of BC has been Troy Stradford, and he might have been Dan's ticket to a Superbowl had he not blown out his knee.

Parker is already signed. He signed with Seattle.

Tommy Kelly needs A LOT of coaching. He'd be a good player to put on the practice squad for a year just to teach him technique. You simply don't find guys who are 6-5, 298 lbs that can run a 4.75 forty like this guy.

Man I would have loved DT Jordan Carstens but Carolina signed him. Also would have liked guard Tyson Clabo but Denver snatched him up. Baggs seems like a very interesting prospect.

Bills added 18 UDFA's as of now I believe...my 2 favorites were Jason Peters(300-pound tight-end from Arkansas) and Kevin Beard(WR from Miami)...I think Beard will atleast make the team as a returner

We signed 14 players. The other 7 names will be released on Thursday.

Link

Back
Top Bottom