UFC 69 Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 69 Thread

Wow.

Serra is a ****ing bull. I cant believe he made it look that easy.

The front page of Yahoo Sports has videos of UFC interviews...

clear.gif

dude serra cant stand next to gsp..... kids the next level in the sport.... i am amazed after seeing him train in person, he is freaking amazing..... serra wont last a round..... if he does i give him all the credit in the world.

Say what about Serra? :evil:

Say what about Serra? :evil:

GSP came out very flat, and seemingly took Serra lightly. He was throwing lazy kicks, which Serra was catching out of the air(kicks that were not thrown so casually at Matt Hughes). ...At the very least, I'm glad he didn't blame anything on his injury when he probably could've. I like Serra a lot as a trainer and individual...good freaking guy...but he lacks power in his weight class(though his hands did seem heavy and vastly improved) and for a great wrestler/grappler, his take downs are weak. He barely took Shonie Carter down just a few months back during TUF, yet he pulls this!!! Hey, thats why MMA is great, anything can happen. GSP looked poised for a typical, long, ground oriented, somewhat dull Serra fight...and got shocked.

GSP came out very flat, and seemingly took Serra lightly. He was throwing lazy kicks, which Serra was catching out of the air(kicks that were not thrown so casually at Matt Hughes). ...At the very least, I'm glad he didn't blame anything on his injury when he probably could've. I like Serra a lot as a trainer and individual...good freaking guy...but he lacks power in his weight class(though his hands did seem heavy and vastly improved) and for a great wrestler/grappler, his take downs are weak. He barely took Shonie Carter down just a few months back during TUF, yet he pulls this!!! Hey, thats why MMA is great, anything can happen. GSP looked poised for a typical, long, ground oriented, somewhat dull Serra fight...and got shocked.
You know the price of his training just doubled:lol:

MMA is becoming more mainstream by the minute. This is great.

I always wondered.. isn't there some way to have an MMA that includes weapons?

I bet sufficient protective gear could be fabricated, at least if we're only talking about most traditional weapons (weapons with sharp edges pose no problem, but there might be a problem with heavy weapons..)

Shonie Carter is very hard to takedown and keep down. I have seen his fights and he gets out of alot

GSP should have destroyed Serra, and as I said before if this fight happened 9 more times, I would imagine GSP would win each one...The result was a combination of Serra being aggressive and getting in a good, albeit lucky, shot. Most of all though, Georges came out very flat. He looked like he was fighting not to lose, and he was lacking the very aggressive style that brought him to the top...

I bet sufficient protective gear could be fabricated, at least if we're only talking about most traditional weapons (weapons with sharp edges pose no problem, but there might be a problem with heavy weapons..)

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Yeh...I dont see that really "taking off" brother....these guys are fighting with there bare hands and feet, its alot more challenging and entertaining.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Not sure what those shaking heads are for. I mean there already are competitions that involve weapons where neither side gets hurt much.

It probably won't happen in the near future, but I bet it will after enough time.

Back
Top Bottom