Ultimate make a wish | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ultimate make a wish

My Choices..

Offense- Johnny Unitas. Marino was already taken or he would have been the no brainer. However, since he was, I decided to go with the toughest QB of the era, and an automatic passer.

Defense- "Mean" Joe Green- More than just a nickname.. He was one of the most intimidating players ever.

on O i would take Faulk

on D I gotta go with a MLB. A D end is nice but you can just run away from him, or throw away from a CB.
So I will go Mike Singaltary (spelling?) At least I think he was in the middle.

Unitas??!!! ROFL.....in that case, I think I'll take Jay Fiedler on offense and Glenn Blackwood on defense.

I hope you're joking, dw. You weren't really laughing at the Unitas choice, were you??

I wish I could be original, but I gotta take two players already named.

OFFENSE - Jim Brown....he would still dominate in today's NFL

DEFENSE - Ray Lewis....he currently dominates in today's NFL.

I guess you guys did not watch LT a lot. Living in NY and CT while I played, I watched him much and no player on D today is even 1/2 as dominant as he was.

I like the Unitas pick... he was a true leader, and a workhorse. He could scramble AND had a fantastic arm...
Still would go with Deacon Jones on D... he was just plain nasty, I think that's what we really need... a mean, nasty guy on D that will rip peoples heads off...
Names that come to mind are Deacon Jones, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Dick Butkis, Joe Green, "Too Tall" Jones...
I always like Deacon though... it was fun to watch, the OL would almost seem to try and get out of his way rather than try to block him.

kidding? of course not, I thought you were

Originally posted by Muck
I hope you're joking, dw. You weren't really laughing at the Unitas choice, were you??

Absolutely. I mean come on, be real. Do you really think Johnny U. would be great in today's league??? If you truly think that, you're way off base(you're just stating a politically correct statement). Sure, he was a good Q.B. IN HIS DAY, but do you REALLY think he would be a great Q.B. in today's league???!!! No way!!!!!! He was slow and awkward. He would be pummeled in today's league. Maybe he could play division 3 ball in college, but no way could he even have a starting position in todays league, let alone #1 choice. No one wants to admit I am right, because we like to hold on to the past...human nature. But Johnny U, #1 dream pick???I don't think so.

Re: kidding? of course not, I thought you were

Originally posted by dw2

Absolutely. I mean come on, be real. Do you really think Johnny U. would be great in today's league??? If you truly think that, you're way off base(you're just stating a politically correct statement). Sure, he was a good Q.B. IN HIS DAY, but do you REALLY think he would be a great Q.B. in today's league???!!! No way!!!!!! He was slow and awkward. He would be pummeled in today's league. Maybe he could play division 3 ball in college, but no way could he even have a starting position in todays league, let alone #1 choice. No one wants to admit I am right, because we like to hold on to the past...human nature. But Johnny U, #1 dream pick???I don't think so.

Unitas was the 2nd greatest QB ever! He would dominate the current NFL.

Re: Re: kidding? of course not, I thought you were

Originally posted by booyeah_

Unitas was the 2nd greatest QB ever! He would dominate the current NFL.

I agree... Johnny U was tougher than just about anyone else out there now. He was the kind of guy who would run right into you... played like a fullback that could throw... IMHO he's scare the poop out of most defenses, even today. Slow? maybe not as fast as McNabb or Culpepper... but he didn't need it, he'd run over you. Not to mention the pure leadership qualities, the motivation of a "gloves off fighter" type of leader... and he had a good strong arm with a nice touch to the ball. PLUS he was very smart, he was very, very good at reading the Defenses.

Not just being politically correct... just happened to have the privelege of watching the man play... He more or less Defined the position... and would re-define it if he were in his prime today.

Re: Re: Re: kidding? of course not, I thought you were

Originally posted by WharfRat

I agree... Johnny U was tougher than just about anyone else out there now. He was the kind of guy who would run right into you... played like a fullback that could throw... IMHO he's scare the poop out of most defenses, even today. Slow? maybe not as fast as McNabb or Culpepper... but he didn't need it, he'd run over you. Not to mention the pure leadership qualities, the motivation of a "gloves off fighter" type of leader... and he had a good strong arm with a nice touch to the ball. PLUS he was very smart, he was very, very good at reading the Defenses.

Not just being politically correct... just happened to have the privelege of watching the man play... He more or less Defined the position... and would re-define it if he were in his prime today.

No doubt about it, Johnny Unitas was as tough as nails.

Back
Top Bottom