UM Colin Mccarthy out for the year and possibly Eric Moncur | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UM Colin Mccarthy out for the year and possibly Eric Moncur

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2008/10/colin-mccarth-1.html

The team is doing bad but losing 2 defensive stars is not good..

I'm sorry but Randy Shannon and the entire coaching staff need to go...FSU is not a great football team and they looked like the best in the ACC against us. Thank god for this Dolphin win if not this weekend would of sucked..

Losing those two is going to be a huge blow to the D...although I think Spence can step up..he's going to be a great player.

Completely agree on the Shannon and co. comment though. I was never a proponent of that hire, and I think it's obvious that he's in over his head, call me a hater or whatever, but I put my loyalties to this program ahead of a coach that has no clue whats going on out there.

I can't wait until we beat UCF and all of the Shannon Kool-Aid drinkers come on here and proclaim that "we are back"...

And if Miami loses to UCF....

They'll just post a smiley face and tell you what a great recruiter he is....

I can't wait until we beat UCF and all of the Shannon Kool-Aid drinkers come on here and proclaim that "we are back"...

LOL..thats so true, were not back, we will be 3-3 and 0-2 in the ACC, unless we win out and the ACC crashes, this season is cashed. They dont even deserve a to be in a bowl game...:shakeno:Oh and about the Spence comment, that dude is an animal...he has an awesome future

I'm so sick and tired of Randy Shannon and the entire coaching staff.

I do not drink the Shannon Kool-Aid. That being said, I think a giving him a fair shot is the only right thing to do. I'm not sure if this is all poor coaching, but I do think it makes me realize just how bare the cupboards were when he took over. Losing McCarthy and Moncur is huge, but all that does is force us to put more young guys out there to get some experience. Who really thought this team was going to compete for an ACC or Nat'l Championship this year? Nobody with realistic expectations.

I start to compare the develpment of some of our young guys to others around the country. You see Sam Bradford as a redshirt freshman last year just pick apart the competition, but look at the veteran weapons he had around him. Alabama has alot of young guys playing, but look at the NFL offensive line they have, and arguably the best coach in the SEC. Florida is loaded with young talent, but with a Heisman trophy winning QB. Florida State is young, but they have a legitimate offensive coordinator running the show there. Which is where I feel our biggest problem is, the OC. Look at Nix's history at GA Tech. He had one of the best receivers to maybe ever play college football, and he didn't get the ball. He doesn't know how to exploit mismatches with superior talent.

I don't blame Bill Young so much, it's hard on any defense when they spend so much time on the field. They do need to do a better job of disguising blitzes. It seemed like they did such a good job against Florida doing that, and then just forgot the next two games. Nix will be the scapegoat this year, and probably lose his job when the year is done.

I don't think Shannon is the long term answer, but I hope I am wrong and they start to show some marked improvement this year. There is a ton of talent on this team, at least we think so, I just want to give the guy a fair chance.

What are we going to do when we go 4-8 or 5-7 again this season? Weren't we supposed to get better this season?

For the youth excuse that so many love to throw out there...UNC was/is younger than we are, beat us with a 3rd string QB, and they were in worse shape than we were 2 years ago.

I think Shannon fires Nix at the end of the season too, learning well from his old master.

LOL..thats so true, were not back, we will be 3-3 and 0-2 in the ACC, unless we win out and the ACC crashes, this season is cashed. They dont even deserve a to be in a bowl game...:shakeno:Oh and about the Spence comment, that dude is an animal...he has an awesome future

I'm so sick and tired of Randy Shannon and the entire coaching staff.

Miami is now 1-7 in their last 8 ACC games, 2-9 vs their last 11 D1-A.

We looked decent against the Gators, but conservative play calling did us in..since then, it seems like we've regressed.

The offense didn't do well against FSU either, those points were misleading and were a result of FSU's screwups more than our offensive prowess.

Shannon sucks and is in over his head.

Anytime two Florida schools get together...you can throw ranking, etc. out the window...

These guys all know each other and play out of their minds...

The better guage is what you do against the rest of your conference throughout the season....and Miami hasn't done squat since joining the ACC.

Miami could play Florida to the hilt and then turn around and lose by 21 to GT.....so the Miami/ Florida games, Miami/ FSU games are always enigma's and not a true barometer of where you are...

The thing is, for all the people that claim that we'll be back on the national stage next year...our schedule is a whole lot tougher than it was this year.

@VT, @FSU, @UNC, @Wake, @USF, home vs. OU and Clemson

That's potentially 7 losses right there. We suck on the road (I guess we're not that much better at home)...it's going to be rough, especially with a coaching staff that seems more clueless than Larry Coker's group.

I just was never able to jump on the Shannon bandwagon, I was never impressed by his DC skills, and always though Stoops was the brains behind the operation.

McCarthy is a bit overrated, I think Spence is the better player & this clears a spot for him full time. Spence is so instinctive & smart. He's a playmaker. This may also open up a shot for Arthur Brown to finally get on the field other than special teams & prevent from possibly transferring.

Spence is a way better player then McCarthy but McCarthy is a solid LB

Back
Top Bottom