Ummmmmmm, Next Year..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ummmmmmm, Next Year.....

Total-Revamping

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

This should be the ONLY thinking for our offseason:

1) Offensive Minded Coach
2) Offensive Cordinator
3) Offensive Lineman (4)
4) 2nd WR
5) Quarterback
6) KR/PR (please spend a draft pick on one of the fastest guys in the draft....please please please....something like belichek did with bethal johnson....blazing speed, picked up primarily for these duties, not as a WR!!!!!!!)

GOD, I just want to score a few points....is that so much to ask from this team.....i'm tired of everything being defense.....our D will be fine for another year with what we have....just get OFFENSIVE EVERYTHING THIS OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!

The talk is that Vince Wilfork will be available around the 20's in the first round...............How in the hell do you restrain yourself from drafting Mr. Wilfork.

I agree but dont go too far. Those days where dan would bring the team back in the last few minutes and give the team a 45-42 lead just to lhave the D let it slip away at the end. My point is the D must still be the straw that stirs the drink and I dont want to clean out all of our talent just to be imbalanced the opposite way.

no, you're right....definitely don't clean out the D....i mean with exception to wally, i think everyone should stay....I think wally is awesome and i would love to keep him, but the first and 3 rd picks we would get for him, we could easily find some talent to help us out on offense.....especially considering if he goes to a team that will have a top 10 pick....i think you go o-line with that one, then use our original first rounder on a number 2 wr.....the third rounder we get from wally we can get a KR/PR....just base that pick on speed alone....fastest guy left....its possible

What if he is there around 20 or so that's not one of our big needs right now is it?

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
What if he is there around 20 or so that's not one of our big needs right now is it?

WR, QB, or O'line...should be picked up in the first pick's...no defensive players.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
no, you're right....definitely don't clean out the D....i mean with exception to wally, i think everyone should stay....I think wally is awesome and i would love to keep him, but the first and 3 rd picks we would get for him, we could easily find some talent to help us out on offense.....especially considering if he goes to a team that will have a top 10 pick....i think you go o-line with that one, then use our original first rounder on a number 2 wr.....the third rounder we get from wally we can get a KR/PR....just base that pick on speed alone....fastest guy left....its possible
We will lose more than wally. I could see the following going:
Freeman-wants out
Fletcher-we want out
T-Buck- may retire?
Wally- in trade
Marion-Retire?
If so we will need some help in the secondary also.

Note: this is not smack. But no way are the Phins going to get first and third round draft picks for Wally. Maybe a late first round pick, but a top 10? No way! While I think Wally is a good player, you also have to look at the talent he's had around him. How much of his success is directly attributed to the players around him? Wally was on the Jim Rome Show the other day and he sounds like a real classy individual. Rome was busting his balls about being a prince. Apparently his grandfather was a king somewhere in Africa.

he is restricted so if we match like the jets did with laverneous coles we WILL get a 1st and third from the team that signs him and he IS a Prince stick to the bills

6) KR/PR (please spend a draft pick on one of the fastest guys in the draft....please please please....something like belichek did with bethal johnson....blazing speed, picked up primarily for these duties, not as a WR!!!!!!!)

Yeah right, Bethel Johnson will be their #2 next year. You don't pick a WR in the damn 2nd round to ONLY be the kick returner.When they release Brown and Patten, it will be:
1.Branch
2.Johnson
3.Givens

The perfect return man for us would be WR SAMIE PARKER of Oregon. Parker is 5'11/180 and will run in the 4.3-4.4 range, and probably could be had in the 4th or 5th round. He may also turn out to be a good #3 WR. With all these big/fast guys, this just isn't the year for Parker. Too bad he's a senior. :tongue:

Other good mid-late round return men:
WR Luke Powell, Stanford
WR Derek Abney, Kentucky
.....and I haven't checked out the mid-late round DB's yet.

Oh what could of been with Boldin on one side and Chambers on the other with Randy and Ricky rounding out the group.

no, you're right....definitely don't clean out the D....i mean with exception to wally, i think everyone should stay....I think wally is awesome and i would love to keep him, but the first and 3 rd picks we would get for him, we could easily find some talent to help us out on offense..

If someone wants to take Wally... so be it.
I agree that the picks would be too damn good to pass on.
Wally may or may not even see these types of numbers again.
I'm one to go with the wall street motto on this guy.......
"buy low and sell high"

We have some DE's with talent.... so the coaches say.... waiting in the wings and the youth we could pick up in the draft is long overdue because of our recent history of trading picks.

Back
Top Bottom