Unbeaten Streak | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unbeaten Streak

Denverfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
This information is directly from the NFL site

If the patriots are going to break the modern-day NFL record for consecutive wins (17), they will have to start the year 3-0 and then win at home against Miami. It just so happens that Miami holds the consecutive wins record with 16 (they did it twice -- 1971 through 1973 and 1983 through 1984). The bears 1941-42 team also won 16 in a row, while the 1933-34 Bears team won 17 in a row, but that was obviously before the merger.

I'm still hoping for a week one lose for the pats.

thats wrong

I've posted this on the other thread, its 18 wins in a row not 17. This is from the dolphins home page record section.

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Consecutives[/size][/font]
clear.gif
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Most Wins[/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]18[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]1st in 1972 through 1st in 1973[/size][/font]

You see 17 mentioned as the longest streak because they are talking about longest single season winning streak.

I believe Muscle is right. The streak the Pats have a chance to beat is over 2 seasons, the 18 game streak. They need to win their first 3 to tie and then beat the Dolphins at home to beat that record.

The patsies will also have to beat Buffalo in Buffalo to get the 17th straight win... hopefully the streak is still alive so B-lo can smash the Patriots hopes.

Buffalo is gonna get their Aye-@asses spanked.... But the pats are gonna loose their first two games of the season so its all good. :cooldude:

if the pats get to 3-0 to tie the record,and then week 4 comes around to fully own the record of 19 straight victories (a game vs miami).miami is not gonna have a chance in hell in that game of preventing a new record. theres gonna be nothing they can do about it. in fact they shouldnt even get on the plane,just quit,give up,forfeit. like they usually do in december.

Keep dreaming 82YARDotFLUKE. There will be no "gimme's" for the Patsies this year, the Fins will finish them off this time (more specifically Mare).

Sorry guys, tryin to avoid the smack talk here, but I gotta agree with 82....if we get to that point, you guys won't stop us, especially without Ricky or Boston.

steveincolorado said:
Who cares about the winning streak, the only game that matters is winning the last one!
I would love to see the Pats set the record. It could stand for a very long time the way the NFL is today. Will it happen? I have no idea what version of the Pats we will see in that first game against the Colts, but assuming that game goes well, they could easily get on another roll. If they set the record they will be very tough to stop this season with that kind of momentum.

82YARDotBOMB said:
if the pats get to 3-0 to tie the record,and then week 4 comes around to fully own the record of 19 straight victories (a game vs miami).miami is not gonna have a chance in hell in that game of preventing a new record. theres gonna be nothing they can do about it. in fact they shouldnt even get on the plane,just quit,give up,forfeit. like they usually do in december.

Does the team "1985 Bears" ring a bell? Phins werent supposed to knock them off weeks before they were to go undefeated....

RPCity said:
Sorry guys, tryin to avoid the smack talk here, but I gotta agree with 82....if we get to that point, you guys won't stop us, especially without Ricky or Boston.

If the dolphins knock you off, I'll get you the number to Da Bears Superfans support group.....(they can talk you through the same heartache they felt when their undefeated season went down the crapper when they lost to Miami)

It's the NFL...you cant pencil in an automatic win...EVER....

Back
Top Bottom