UNC kicks Austin off team; 2 declared ineligible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC kicks Austin off team; 2 declared ineligible

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
North Carolina star defensive tackle Marvin Austin was kicked off the football team Monday and the school said the NCAA has declared receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn permanently ineligible.

The announcements from the school and the NCAA came as part of the ongoing investigations into whether players received improper benefits from agents.

"I'm also very sad and disappointed that these individuals made these extraordinarily poor choices," coach Butch Davis said during a news conference. "Not only did they jeopardize themselves in their lives, they certainly have jeopardized this team, the university and I know that they're very remorseful about that. But it doesn't diminish the fact that these actions were poor choices in these kids' lives."

The NCAA said Little and Quinn were ineligible because they violated rules governing agent benefits, preferential treatment and ethical conduct, saying they each accepted jewelry, travel accommodations and other benefits. According to facts submitted by the university, Little took nearly $5,000 worth of benefits and the value of Quinn's total exceeded $5,600.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101011...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDdW5ja2lja3NhdXN0

Better late than never..I guess.

Ehh, this just reminds me of USC putting out sanctions to the basketball program to soften the blow of the NCAA. It didn't work for SC, it's certainly not going to help UNC.

Back
Top Bottom