UNC NCAA Champions!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC NCAA Champions!!!!

DolphinDevil28 said:
All I gotta say is get ready for them Dukies next year.

Shelden Williams
Josh McRoberts
JJ Redick
Shavlik Randolph
Sean Dockery
Greg Paulus
Eric Boateng
Lee Melchioni
Demarcus Nelson
Jamal Boykin

You know that little "depth" problem they had last year? Yeah...scratch that.

Duke is going to the Final Four in Indy.

Deeper- check.
More talented- check
better- I don't know.

They overachieved this yeara nd if they play as hard as they did this year and if the freshman are for real then they'll be a FF team but who knows. I don't think they'll win it all if JJ redick is their main scoring option b/c he folds in the big spots. If they have tor ely upon JJ they will not win it all.

Ferretsquig said:
Scratch that and scratch their best player off their roster. Whos going to be the point? Dockery? If everyone from Carolina goes pro then they will fight with Ga Tech for the top spot in the ACC. If Felton decides to stay then get ready for a sweep. Reddick still cant get images of Manuel out of his head, wait till he has Noel in his grill for 40 minutes.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: @ that crap @ss answer...

Greg Paulus will be one of the best passing point guards the ACC has ever seen once he develops.

"If Felton stays, get ready for a sweep." ??? What? :roflmao:

Carolina had the deepest and best team in America this year, and Duke still beat them in Cameron with a limited roster...and they SHOULD have beat them in Chapell Hill too!

I think you are forgetting who Duke's coach is...You know, the guy Roy Williams couldn't hold a candle to...MIKE KRZYZEWSKI

Duke will OWN the ACC this year.

Good to see another Duke fan in the house. Duke will be top 5 all year next year, no doubt about it!

DolphinDevil28 said:

Greg Paulus will be one of the best passing point guards the ACC has ever seen once he develops.

Carolina had the deepest and best team in America this year, and Duke still beat them in Cameron with a limited roster...and they SHOULD have beat them in Chapell Hill too!

I think you are forgetting who Duke's coach is...You know, the guy Roy Williams couldn't hold a candle to...MIKE KRZYZEWSKI

:monkeyr: Duke :monkeyl:

Greg Paulus won't have nothing on Marcus Ginyard and Bobby Frasor.

DolphinDevil28 said:

I love people who have seen all of 30 seconds of highlights of a player and call him the second coming. Paulus wont be the starting PG for Duke next year.......championship calibre teams dont start a frosh at PG.

And yes Duke pulled off a game at Cameron and likewise for UNC at the smith center. Carolina played like crap in both games with McCants sick in one and out the other.

Coach K is a hell of a coach and I think Duke will be back in the championship hunt in the 06-07 season. When they rid themselves of Reddick and his 40% shooting they will be a much better team.

Ferretsquig said:
love people who have seen all of 30 seconds of highlights of a player and call him the second coming. Paulus wont be the starting PG for Duke next year.......championship calibre teams dont start a frosh at PG.

Hence why I said "when he develops." :rolleyes: You ever heard of SEAN DOCKERY???

...And I've seen more than my fair share of Paulus, thank you.

...and if you think JJ Redick is a detriment to the team, then YOU haven't seen 30 seconds of HIM.

DolphinDevil28 said:

you mean the same Coach k who has had more McD's AA's in the pst decade than anyone else yet has made it beyond the Sweet 16 just 4 times in 11 years? The same Coach K who, since 2000, has lost before the regional final as a #1 seed THREE times?

Like I wrote earlier, duke will be deeper and more talented but that doesn't mean they will be better. First off will those big time freshman be rady to contribute right away? remember how highly touted Shav was coming out of HS and what has he done? K doesn't develop players, if they are good when they arrive they are good as long as they are there but if not they generally don't get much better and any team w/ JJ redick as it's main scoring option will NOT win a Championship. he NEVER hits the big shots and he always folds come Tourney time(go check out his Tourney #s for his 3 years at duke).

Oh by the way, the fact that duke played us close and won a game against us means very little. We beat duke at duke in '01 and duke won it all that year and we went out in rd 2. we beat duke in '03 w/ a team of freshman and sophs and w/o Sean May(Byron Sanders was starting at C) so it means little that you played well against us this year. The improtant 3s are you lost by 10 against MSU in the Tourney and we throttled them on the way to the National Championship.

By the way, we obviously took a huge step backward after Gut retired and Doh took over but even w/ those few years of struggling we STILL have more FF's and just as many titles in the last decade.

UNC has 4 FFs and 1 title
duke has 3 FFs and 1 title

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hence why I said "when he develops." :rolleyes: You ever heard of SEAN DOCKERY???

...And I've seen more than my fair share of Paulus, thank you.

...and if you think JJ Redick is a detriment to the team, then YOU haven't seen 30 seconds of HIM.

Oh I dont know. I saw two games he played against UNC and every tourney game he played in. You know....the games that count. The games were put in his hands and he played like ****. Anyone with a size advantage on him gives him problems.

And yes I have seen Dockery play, and if you think his play is comparible to that of Ewing then your crazy. He is a decent player. Ewing was the best guard on that team, the only one who could handle the rock and no disappear in big games.

No sense in arguing Duke-Carilona right now. Whether Duke is better then Carilona next year depends soley on who stays in school at Carilona and who leaves. When we know that we will know who the favorite to win the ACC will be next year. Regardless it will be Duke or UNC!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
No sense in arguing Duke-Carilona right now. Whether Duke is better then Carilona next year depends soley on who stays in school at Carilona and who leaves. When we know that we will know who the favorite to win the ACC will be next year. Regardless it will be Duke or UNC!

true, if both teams returned everyone the Heels would be the overwhelming favorite w/ duke not far behind but since it looks like the Heels will lose more I'd have duke ranked higher going into next year. It doesn't mean duke will be better or end up ranked higher but I think on paper they'd have more experienced talent to work w/.

Back
Top Bottom