UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

nyjunc said:
Yeah but playing and playing well at UNC will always get the NBA questions. I think Ty is a 2 yr player but I would not be shocked if he left after this year IF the year continues to go the way it has so far for him. No one expected JR Smith to go to the NBA either and everyone thougt May was a 4 yr guy- things change. Obviously I hope you are right b/c if they are 3-4 year guys they may leave w/ not 1 but 2 titles(at least 2 FFs) so we'll see what happens.

People leave early b/c of talent...not what they do on the court. The rare exceptions are players like May, and that was only b/c he was so dominant against the best post players in the ncaa. JR Smith is the perfect example of the early entry. Hes an amazing dunker and a lousy basketball player.

Hansbrough is staying...there is just no reason to question it. He would have to make a post-season run like May's in order to be considered lottery material. And this team is feisty, but it has no shot of making a run in the tourney. When was the last time a white kid went pro early and got drafted? I really doubt Tyler is that stupid.

People leave early b/c of talent...not what they do on the court. The rare exceptions are players like May, and that was only b/c he was so dominant against the best post players in the ncaa. JR Smith is the perfect example of the early entry. Hes an amazing dunker and a lousy basketball player.

yeah but some guys are rated so high coming out and turn out to not be that good and their draft stock goes from very high out of HS and drops each year such as w/ Shav. He wasn't drafted b/c he was exposed in College(and poisoned by K) but he would have been had he declared out of HS.

Hansbrough is staying...there is just no reason to question it. He would have to make a post-season run like May's in order to be considered lottery material. And this team is feisty, but it has no shot of making a run in the tourney. When was the last time a white kid went pro early and got drafted? I really doubt Tyler is that stupid.

That HS kid that was supposed to go to USC last year, I forget his name.

nyjunc said:
yeah but some guys are rated so high coming out and turn out to not be that good and their draft stock goes from very high out of HS and drops each year such as w/ Shav. He wasn't drafted b/c he was exposed in College(and poisoned by K) but he would have been had he declared out of HS.

Thats the point in the McRoberts vs Tyler debate. McRoberts can score 5 pts a game and Tyler can put in 15, McRoberts is still getting drafted higher. He may be a complete bust, but hes a big guy who can handle and shoot. Ability and potential always trumps production in the NBA, its why we have Telfair as a starting point in the NBA while Ed Cota has been wandering around Europe.

I dont know how good Tyler will be...but someone described as "hard working" and "fundamental" doesnt get drafted as an underclassman.

Thats the point in the McRoberts vs Tyler debate. McRoberts can score 5 pts a game and Tyler can put in 15, McRoberts is still getting drafted higher. He may be a complete bust, but hes a big guy who can handle and shoot. Ability and potential always trumps production in the NBA, its why we have Telfair as a starting point in the NBA while Ed Cota has been wandering around Europe.

those are different scenarios, while Ed was a successful college player he wasn't quick enough, didn't play D and couldn't shoot and that's why he's not in the NBA. If McRoberts keeps playing like this like Shav did his stock will continue to drop.

I dont know how good Tyler will be...but someone described as "hard working" and "fundamental" doesnt get drafted as an underclassman.

You make it sound like he's not talented b/c he works hard? He definitely has NBA talent, I'm not saying he'll be a star but he's an NBA player and has NBA tools and if he can be a big time player at UNC w/ the tolls he has he'll be able to leave whenever he wants. Remember there were rumors about him and the draft last year too.

Well we shall see. The only way I could envision him drawing any interest from the NBA is if he can play like May did against Williams. I think that 21-15 night May had was what put him on the NBA radar screens. But he still needed great performances in the tourney to move into the lottery. I dont see Tyler having the chance to do much in the tourney so the games against Duke and Wake are his showcases. But an undersized PF who cant shoot getting drafted.....I just dont see it happening.

Rematch this Sat. night against Santa Clara. It's payback time.

byroan said:
Rematch this Sat. night against Santa Clara. It's payback time.

It better be payback time, hopefully they can play like they did in the 2nd half against SL not like they did in the 1st half.

nyjunc said:
Heels beat Santa Clara 76-58

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/479673.html

Also, texas was crushed again this time at home to unranked Tennessee and UK beat up #4 Louisville.

Yep, second half was all Carolina. We may have a team full of freshman but they sure do love the game of basketball. Their hustle is amazing. You can tell they want to win the game. It's going to be an interesting season.

byroan said:
Yep, second half was all Carolina. We may have a team full of freshman but they sure do love the game of basketball. Their hustle is amazing. You can tell they want to win the game. It's going to be an interesting season.

Yep! My brother just came home for Christmas with all kinds of good nike Carolina stuff for me that he gets for coaching!

Got a nice fleese, a pull over jacket, winter hat etc..

I'm all carolina blue!!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yep! My brother just came home for Christmas with all kinds of good nike Carolina stuff for me that he gets for coaching!

Got a nice fleese, a pull over jacket, winter hat etc..

I'm all carolina blue!!!!

Send some of that stuff my way :D

Hook me up too!!

At least I can find UNC stuff easily since I live here. :D

USC is giving us a game. 37-36 UNC right now in the second half.

We're in foul trouble. USC is trying to run away with it. 58-51

Back
Top Bottom