Under The Radar Young Fa’s? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under The Radar Young Fa’s?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Who are some young FA’s that intrigue you guys who could be good possible signings? Since we won’t have a lot of cap I went through and looked at a few players and found a few interesting players.
-Trey Flowers 25, he’s not under the radar he’s a big fish, but we’ve been connected to him so I figured I’d start the list with him. Best player on list but very $$$.
-Shane Ray 25, coming off 2 disappointing 1 sack seasons he’s a prime buy low candidate. But he does have an 8 sack season on his resume. He may worth kicking the tires.
-Danny Shelton/ Malcom Brown 25 2 young patriots DTs both would be a fit and have familiarity with the system. I think either would be a solid depth signing.
-Markus Golden 26 similar to Shane Ray coming off 2 injury riddled seasons buy-low candidate with 12.5 sack season 2 years ago.
-Darius Philon 25 NT from chargers coming off back to back 30 tackle 4 sack seasons, I don’t think he will be cheap probably a mid-tier free agent money wise.
-Brian Poole 26 he’s been an up and down CB for the falcons playing a lot of nickel, had 70 tackles 3 sacks and 3 Ints, we need some bodies in secondary and he’s a young guy with potential.

I just did defense to start will do an offensive one maybe tomorrow. Keep in mind none of these prospects are amazing and they almost all come with baggage, inconsistent play or injuries. My main focus was finding young FA’s who have shown some potential, who wouldn’t be too costly in FA. Let me know any more guys you like!

Brent urban, Corey liuget, Jimmie Ward, Adam humphries, Jamison crowder.

My moneys on Malcolm brown being added

Last edited:
Would be nice to get a couple Albert Wilson types in here. Young under the radar low to mid tier guys

No idea how Aaron Lynch played in Chicago, but I liked him when he was on SF.

How bad is the Malik McDowell injury at this point?

Eric Rowe

Eli Harold

Would be nice to get a couple Albert Wilson types in here. Young under the radar low to mid tier guys
Yeah exactly my thoughts as well, sort of the diamond in the rough type players, who have shown solid production but still are young and will be mid-cheap price wise.
-Zadarius Smith could be added to the list if we miss out on Trey Flowers I don’t think he will be cheap he’s closer to Flowers price range I’m sure

Bridgewater, Breeland, Paradis, Wisniewski, Liuget, Hankins, & Covington are all worth kicking the tires on imo.

Everyone mentioned in this thread are not "under the radar"
That’s not really true none of the players listed are probowl players or house hold names. And it’s not as much about being under the radar as being affordable options that won’t get massive deals in FA.

Preston Smith.
I like Preston Smith a lot he’s a good fit for our defense and should be cheaper than Flowers was. I think it’s unlikely we spend big money on him though and still think he gets a deal in the 13-14 mill a year range

Judging by how FA has gone so far, I'd say the guys you all are listing were never really under-the-radar guys. Flowers, Shelton, Crowder etc. are getting paid.

My stance remains unchanged, I want to add FA's that are veteran grinders and locker room leaders to facilitate the coach's plans and instill a work ethic in the younger players. Preferrably, these guys will be low priced role players who inspire the youngsters to become our next wave of cornerstone players. I am hopeful that Dwayne Allen is just such a FA addition, and I want more in that same mold.

We are not 1 player away from being good, and I'm hoping we don't try to upgrade the roster by overpaying for veterans. This is a teardown-rebuild, and I want to flood the roster with young kids with potential, give them the reps to develop, keep the ones that do, and build with them. It is not going to be an overnight process, it will take 2+ years. Keep our powder dry, carry over the $10M cap, build the team right, and let's finally escape the treadmill of mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom