Unrealistic, but profitable none the less... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unrealistic, but profitable none the less...

Tone_E

THT - Two Hand Tony
Reaction score
It goes without saying, that finheaven.com is the best NFL team forum out there. It beats any forums on teams web sites, etc. Finheaven has it all, and it all stems from a top of the line interface. Any NFL team would love a mirror image of this site, eg, chiefheaven.com or chargerheaven.com.

Better yet, why dont you guys consider a "nflheaven.com" with the same interface as finheaven, general NFL news etc, and then the ability to link to individual fan sites, such as chiefheaven.com, chargerheaven.com, finheaven.com, etc. If done, one would be able to cruise other fan sites without a long list of 'favourites', or opening several browsers, or be forced to subscribe to dozens, if not hundreds of forums. Access to finheaven, chiefheaven, chargerheaven would only require ONE password, meaning ONE account, one sig and avatar set up, etc. The benefits of such a site would be immense to the user.

The labour force needed would be incredible, but think of the possibilites. If we, sorry, you can provide the incredible services and hospitable, well informed sites that you provide us to the remainder of the nfl fans, it is only a matter of time before you become the one stop source for NFL fans worldwide. Millions of subscribers. With hits like that, the advertisments would be rolling in, possibly subscriptions, plenty of ways to pocket them dollars!!:cooldude:

Basically, I am saying that NO team fan site (regardless of team) beats finheaven, and finheaven's interface and general layout.

I know this idea may be far fetched, and somewhat unrealistic, but so was the the thought of human flight, or a cure for diabetics, and you get the idea.

Im sure we've all heard others say they wish they had a site like ours. Well, it may be in your best interests to consider providing them with what we have all come to take for granted.

Tone_E

Interesting idea, but that would involve a TON of policing. You would get fans from rival teams constantly heading to the rivals boards and causing BS.

Look at the ESPN boards............ thats pretty much EXACTLY what you are suggesting, a unified message board with individual message boards for each team. The ESPN boards pretty much TOTALLY crashed in 2004 because of it. There were Cowboys fans spamming the Eagles boards, Miami fans posting nonsense on the Jets boards, etc etc.

I dont think it would be worth the hassle to something smaller like this. If ESPN, and their millions couldnt handle it, I dont know if private individuals could.

I guess so. I was unaware of the ESPN forum and their troubles. It would only be a matter of time before that happened, but there must be methods of prevention. Eg, allow individuals full access to division rivals' sub page with the exception of their forums. This can be monitored by use of IP adresses. Im sure very few will look for alternate IP sources just to talk smack, thus decreasing the amount of policing needed.

Finheaven has a large pool of talent, and I am sure we can come up with procedures that would allow this second attempt so to speak of a unified message board to be successful.

Tone_E said:
I guess so. I was unaware of the ESPN forum and their troubles. It would only be a matter of time before that happened, but there must be methods of prevention. Eg, allow individuals full access to division rivals' sub page with the exception of their forums. This can be monitored by use of IP adresses. Im sure very few will look for alternate IP sources just to talk smack, thus decreasing the amount of policing needed.
You have NO idea how many people try to do just that, on THIS board.

Back
Top Bottom