Updated Headlines on Home Page | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated Headlines on Home Page

miamirick

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Mods:

Is there any way that you guys can try and keep the home page news links updated?? It is one of the biggest reasons I visit this site everyday...to get most of the Dolphin news in one spot and not have to go to the Herald, the PB Post, and the Sun Sentinel to look for articles.

I know you guys have a lot on your plates, but there are links there to articles that are more than a week old....it really is getting quite frustrating....at least to me.

If you guys are going to offer the "service" of placing those links up there, at least keep them current or just don't do it, as I feel that it reflects poorly on the site.

Other than that...I love this place and can't go more than a day without stopping by!!:dolphins:

to be honest i don't think their are any real new news.... the ones that up are the latest...

miamirick said:
Hey Mods:

Is there any way that you guys can try and keep the home page news links updated?? It is one of the biggest reasons I visit this site everyday...to get most of the Dolphin news in one spot and not have to go to the Herald, the PB Post, and the Sun Sentinel to look for articles.

I know you guys have a lot on your plates, but there are links there to articles that are more than a week old....it really is getting quite frustrating....at least to me.

If you guys are going to offer the "service" of placing those links up there, at least keep them current or just don't do it, as I feel that it reflects poorly on the site.

Other than that...I love this place and can't go more than a day without stopping by!!:dolphins:

The links are automatically updated every six hours with no intervention from us. There's nothing half-assed about it. ;) If they aren't writing many new articles, we can't do anything about that.

Occasionally, a newspaper will make changes that affects the way we grab news. Obviously they do not tell us when they make such changes.

There have been plenty of new articles written in all three papers since some of the links that were there. A couple, including the one about the stadium, had been there for well over a week.

I see the links have changed now...thanks.:dolphins:

Sorry...but something isn't working right here...those links are not updating by themselves...ALL of the links up there right now are old...not one about Ricky's appeal being lost....

I see the headline that says "Ricky is Run Out of the NFL"...clear as day....

First of all, I'm not referring to the main article on the Home Page that talks about Ricky being out. I'm referring to the links on the right side of the page under the "Forums" link that one used to be able to click on to see the very latest headlines....Those are not being updated properly.

These are the articles that I'm seeing on the Home page as I write this:

PALM BEACH POST
• Dolphins' pursuit of QBs may not be over
• Dolphins near deal for Harrington

SUN-SENTINEL
• Saban mum on QB Harrington
• Dolphins likely to go for defense in 1st round

MIAMI HERALD
• Legacy shrinking by the minute

The Palm Beach Post articles are from April 21 and April 20, respectively..as are the two Sun-Sentinel articles. The only article that is ALMOST current is the Miami Herald article. Are you guys seeing different articles listed there?

I have cleared out my cookies and restarted IE.

I'm sorry to keep pestering about this, but it really is beginning to bug me. I come here to read the forums and to have one central starting point from which I can view the articles in the papers that most matter to me.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!:dolphins:

Okay, i see what you mean.....I'll find out why it's not updating....in the meantime, use the "news wire" link on the left....that will take you to a list of all the latest articles, in all the papers...:D

Back
Top Bottom