updated Miami 5 Rd mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

updated Miami 5 Rd mock

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Justin Herbert, QB Oregon(6'6",233)

1b.)D'Andre Swift, RB Georgia(5'9",219)

1c.)Alex Leatherwood, RT Alabama(6'6",322)

2.)Trey Adams, LT Washington (6'7",334)

2b.)D'Vonta Smith, WR Alabama(6'1",176)

3.)Bryce Hall, CB Virginia(6'1",202)

4.)Hamsah Nazirildeen, S FSU(6'4",211)

5.)John Reid, CB Penn St.(5'10",189)

5b.)Adam Trautman, TE Dayton(6'6",251)

5c.)Harrison Bryant, TE Florida Atlantic(6'5",244)

I would not mind a draft like that. Although somewhere in the upper rounds I would have liked to have seen a DE there

I would not mind a draft like that. Although somewhere in the upper rounds I would have liked to have seen a DE there
I feel you. I did what I could, but watching QBs go down, you gotta pick QB protection, or more pressures on the QB. I think in our state, we know what's really important.

Justin Herbert
, QB

Jedrick Wills
    , OT

Yetur Gross-Matos
    , EDGE

Shaun Wade
    , CB

DeVonta Smith
    , WR

Hamsah Nasirildeen
    , S

Kylin Hill
    , RB

Patrick Queen
    , LB

Tyler Clark
    , IDL

Jordon Scott
    , IDL

Anthony Gordon
    , QB

I was watching Herbert last night, trying to warm up to the idea we might draft him, needless to say I fail asleep. I say hard pass. Reminds me of a lesser Ryan tannehill with a rocket arm. Processes info to slow imo. Has no feel for pressure seems.

The idea of drafting a QB “because we HAVE to draft a QB” is bad one. IMHO.

it used to be a bad idea but now I think we take our shot on Herbert, Fromm, or Eason and if they don’t work out try again next year like the Cards and possibly redskins. If we do pass, then hopefully it’s to gain more draft capital for next year.

I think Miami has to take a chance on a quarterback. I'm still lukewarm on Herbert, but we may now have the coaching staff to develop a quarterback.

I think I'd go BPA with the first #1 (Thomas, Young), and then take Fromm or Love. Fromm could be a great fit.

As an aside, I still want to see more of Rosen.

No way would I waste a pick on Fromm. He needs a great supporting cast around him to just be mediocre. We could get Eason with our 1c. I would also draft Gordon in the later rounds. Then draft a QB every year until we get the right one.

The idea of drafting a QB “because we HAVE to draft a QB” is bad one. IMHO.
I agree, but there's things to work with regarding Herbert. He's built to last 17 yrs in this league. With a superstar RB, good lineman, and WRs I can see big point games. That would assume Miami finds some pass rushers in FA.

I agree, but there's things to work with regarding Herbert. He's built to last 17 yrs in this league. With a superstar RB, good lineman, and WRs I can see big point games. That would assume Miami finds some pass rushers in FA.

Herbert has had his share of injuries but I do believe he’d instantly be the second best QB in the AFC East

Would hate to see a RB taken in Round 1.

Normally I'd agree with you, but with three picks there... I might... might be willing to spend the third one on a RB.

Our backs are just horrible... Ballage is a goal-line only kind of back and Laird looks like a RB3 (maybe), the other two are easy cuts from a good team. In a perfect world, the only one that I hope might still be on the team next year is Laird.

Back
Top Bottom