Updated Playoff Scenarios | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated Playoff Scenarios

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
If we beat New England next week:
We are #1 seed in the AFC if we defeat New England by 11 points or more, and Tennessee loses at Houston, and Oakland loses vs. Kansas City, and Pittsburgh loses either of their final two games

We are #2 seed in the AFC if we defeat New England and Tennessee loses at Houston OR Oakland loses vs. Kansas City and Pittsburgh loses either of their last two games

We are #3 seed in the AFC if we defeat New England and Tennessee wins at Houston, Oakland wins vs. Kansas City, and Pittsburgh loses either of their last two games.

We are #4 seed in the AFC if we defeat New England and Tennessee wins at Houston, Oakland wins vs. Kansas City, and Pittsburgh wins both of their final two games.

Pittsburgh's final two games are:
at Tampa Bay
vs Baltimore

There is a chance that we could defeat New England by 10 points (in the scenario for getting the #1 seed) and still get that seed, if certain games fall a certain way, but that is too hard to explain.

If we lose to New England:
We are #5 seed in the AFC if Indianapolis loses vs Jacksonville and Cleveland loses vs Atlanta and the NY Jets lose vs Green Bay and either KC loses at Oakland OR Denver or San Diego win their respective games.

We are #6 seed in the AFC if Indianapolis wins vs Jacksonville, and Denver wins vs. Arizona, and NY Jets lose vs Green Bay OR if Denver loses to Arizona, NY Jets lose to GB, and Kansas City loses or wins by less than 24 points

This is probably not 100% accurate, but from the tiebreaker rules I got on NFL.com, and if I did my math correct, this is what the scenarios are. There are a couple of other things, but they are so rare and it would take to long to explain. Hope this helped.

Also, the only way we will not make the playoffs is if we lose to New England, Indianapolis wins vs Jacksonville and the NY Jets win vs Green Bay, OR if the NY Jets lose to GB, Denver loses to Arizona, Indy beats Jacksonville, and KC beats Oakland by more than 24 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to make the playoffs, all we need to happen is to beat New England or for the Jets to lose to GB, the rest would be really rare to happen.

Basically, we better win on Sunday or else this entire board implodes.

Yeah, and a lot of pist off people there will be too. New England is really kicking themselves in the a** right now for losing 2 straight, let's beat them while their down!!!!

I think the #2 seed is attainable, especially if the Bucs beat the Steelers tonight like I think they're going to.

Thanks Breckenridge55 you cleared it all up for me, I could find any where else that at least gave me an idea what we needed. good job!!!

I must admit -- impressive work with the tiebreakers -- i for one hope it comes down to the simplest one of all
Jets 9-7
Pats 9-7
Mia 9-7

We win:)
It's gonna be a crazy finish in the afc and nfc -- this is great football -- rooting until the final week of the season! I couldn't have asked for anything more after our start!
Good luck on Sunday against the pats -- the best team deserves to win the east and the phins have 6 probowlers and the best back in football with a solid D -- it's will be wild!

Sorry, I read in the paper today, that these may be slightly off. See, most of the tiebreakers came down to strength of victory, which I in turn thought meant how much you won your games by. However, in reading Alex Marvez's article in the Sun-Sentinel this morning, it's actually the overall record of the teams in which you beat. Therefore, give me a little time and I will change this with the correct tiebreaker scenarios. Thanks.

Thanks Breckenridge. Also ... I like your KSU bit. My dad was a KSU grad, so I root for the Purple Pride as well. Sorry to see them shafted as far as the bowls go, but they should end up top 5 at the end of the year!

Back
Top Bottom