Upon further review.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upon further review....

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
I have changed my stance on Fiedler again! I am now back in his corner. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt but this year kind of turned on him. I was just so disgusted, and the blame generally falls with the QB (fair or unfair) After reading what Norv had to say about Fiedler, that began to spur my thoughs a little to really look at the situation objectively. Norv says, "sure, he missed some throws we would have like to have him make but all QBs do that" I trust Norv way more than Wanne, if he thinks Jay can get it done, then so do I.

This was the year that Jay was supposed to show what he could do, no excuses. Well, to bad his thumb got broke and his most comfortable WR got hurt. He was playing great when he got hurt and when he came back (the games i gave him a hard time about ), upon further review played pretty good as well. The Bear and Raider game he played good. The Minn game he played good, I unfairly criticized him for that one. There was nothing more that he could have done, I studied the box score up and down. So, that leaves the Pat game has his only downfall besides the Chiefs. The pat secondary is very tricky and with Ricky running the ball Jay could never get in rhythm. He had no turnovers and the offense and 350 plus in yards and 24 points. Good enough for me. The blame falls with the D and coaches and to a small extent Fiedler for not producing more. That is ONE game, I'm with Norv, Fiedler is our guy.

I dont feel there is a better option at this time, we should draft a QB though IMO or maybe wait one more year to see what Sage can do. That is my prediction. I say we sign a vet back up if Sage has what it takes.

We should pick a stud if he's there in the second round, if not why bother? I think Jay can get it done next year, hey, I cannot help it, I'm an ETERNAL optimist.

I thnk Griese is still intriquing and am not opposed to bringing him in. But since Jay already knows the offense, I'm betting he would perform better.

You have seen the light my brother !! The fiedler business is not what lost our season, there are more needs that QB, I agree with you tho, we need to sign a vet for depth and have him and sage fight it out for #2 (if sage is good enough that is, since i never have seen him play)

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I have changed my stance on Fiedler again! I am now back in his corner. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt but this year kind of turned on him. I was just so disgusted, and the blame generally falls with the QB (fair or unfair) After reading what Norv had to say about Fiedler, that began to spur my thoughs a little to really look at the situation objectively. Norv says, "sure, he missed some throws we would have like to have him make but all QBs do that" I trust Norv way more than Wanne, if he thinks Jay can get it done, then so do I.

This was the year that Jay was supposed to show what he could do, no excuses. Well, to bad his thumb got broke and his most comfortable WR got hurt. He was playing great when he got hurt and when he came back (the games i gave him a hard time about ), upon further review played pretty good as well. The Bear and Raider game he played good. The Minn game he played good, I unfairly criticized him for that one. There was nothing more that he could have done, I studied the box score up and down. So, that leaves the Pat game has his only downfall besides the Chiefs. The pat secondary is very tricky and with Ricky running the ball Jay could never get in rhythm. He had no turnovers and the offense and 350 plus in yards and 24 points. Good enough for me. The blame falls with the D and coaches and to a small extent Fiedler for not producing more. That is ONE game, I'm with Norv, Fiedler is our guy.

I dont feel there is a better option at this time, we should draft a QB though IMO or maybe wait one more year to see what Sage can do. That is my prediction. I say we sign a vet back up if Sage has what it takes.

We should pick a stud if he's there in the second round, if not why bother? I think Jay can get it done next year, hey, I cannot help it, I'm an ETERNAL optimist.

I thnk Griese is still intriquing and am not opposed to bringing him in. But since Jay already knows the offense, I'm betting he would perform better.

This year will make or brake Fiedler.Is nice to see someone realize that Fiedler is not the main problem...

If Fiedler plays through training cap to end of season healthy,I wouldn't be surprise if he puts up probowl stats next year(Of course Dolphins need to bring in some help at WR)..

I agree minus, if he can stay health and play the way he was playing before the thumb injury he will be in the running for a pro bowl slot.

Also, one more thing: This is all I have to say about Fiedler untill camp starts or something NEW develops. I have said my piece, both good and bad. I am done with this over hashed topic. I am getting stoked for FA and the draft. That is where our focus should lie. Thank you, and good day.

Back
Top Bottom