Upset week. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upset week.

Majpain

Giants GM
Reaction score
Wow I havent seen so many top 10 teams with title hopes loose like that. Florida escaped it this week. Should be very intresting how the rankings go tomorrow.

I am rooting for Rutgers now and I like Arkansas too.

irish will be 5 in the BCS.

if florida loses another game and the irish win out (army and USC both lose), irish in national champsionship game.

GO IRISH.

death7star said:
irish will be 5 in the BCS.

if florida loses another game and the irish win out (USC loses), irish in national champsionship game.

GO IRISH.

For the first time this weekend I can see it happening. Only thing that is still giving me problems, is how can you give the title game to ND over a 1 loss Michigan team when Michigan dominated ND in South Bend? I'm worried about Arkansas getting a title shot now if they can beat Florida and win the SEC. Hopefully LSU beats them so I dont have to worry about it. But ND still has USC.

Wow, assuming USC wins they will probably be #3. I think Florida may drop a spot, with their offensive problems they aren't getting many "style" points with voters. I wondering how far Louisville will fall now, since so many 1 loss teams were upset.

How about:

Associated Press
1 OSU
2 Michigan
3 USC (assuming they win)
4 Florida
5 Notre Dame
6 Arkansas
7 Rutgers
8 LSU
9 Louisville
10 WVU

Would you want to see ND play OSU again? I know it would be closer. I know Quinn would throw a TD, but could ND stop OSU's offense?

Majpain said:
Would you want to see ND play OSU again? I know it would be closer. I know Quinn would throw a TD, but could ND stop OSU's offense?

I wouldnt mind seeing it, and no we couldnt :boohoo: .

LouPhinFan said:
Wow, assuming USC wins they will probably be #3. I think Florida may drop a spot, with their offensive problems they aren't getting many "style" points with voters. I wondering how far Louisville will fall now, since so many 1 loss teams were upset.

How about:

Associated Press
1 OSU
2 Michigan
3 USC (assuming they win)
4 Florida
5 Notre Dame
6 Arkansas
7 Rutgers
8 LSU
9 Louisville
10 WVU

While UF's offense has been been sputtering, there is no way USC who lost to unranked Oregon State should jump UF who lost to top Ranked Auburn. Who previously had been number 2 in the nation.

FinSinceBirth said:
While UF's offense has been been sputtering, there is no way USC who lost to unranked Oregon State should jump UF who lost to top Ranked Auburn. Who previously had been number 2 in the nation.

You might be right, but I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen. Maybe not in the BCS, but in some of the human polls

FinSinceBirth said:

You never know. USC lost only by 2pts at Oregon state. If they win out they have beat 4 ranked teams. Taking strength of schedule into account they can defeniately jump over UF. Maybe not this week but more likely if they beat ND who can be ranked #4 by that time. Im not sure how the rate strength of schedule but if they grade them by ranking at the end of the season compared to the beginning USC might have had the tougher schedule.

UF Fin Kat said:
taking strength of schedule into account means there's no way USC should jump over UF.

By season end UF may have lost to a unranked Auburn. Just because your ranked in the beginning of the year doesnt mean you deserve to be ranked at that spot. USC wins out they have beaten a possibly #4 ranked ND team and #5 ranked Arkansas. If Florida wins out they have beaten a LSU team maybe ranked #6 and maybe #18 ranked Tennesse team. That how USC going to beat out UF by having a tougher schedule against higher ranked teams and beating 4 ranked teams. Even though they lost they only lost by 2pts on the road.

I'm really liking Arkansas at the moment. McFadden is awesome and that team is dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom