Urban Meyer, Jeremy Foley address Gators’ 24 arrests | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Urban Meyer, Jeremy Foley address Gators’ 24 arrests

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The statistics say that 20 Florida football players have been charged with 24 crimes since coach Urban Meyer arrived in Gainesville in December 2004.

In the same period, Florida State has had 13 arrests while Miami has had just two.

Six Gators have been charged since November, and Pahokee’s Janoris Jenkins became the latest when the sophomore cornerback was charged with misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest following a street fight two weekends ago.

Athletic director Jeremy Foley says the stats don’t tell the whole story.
“It is really easy to focus on negative issues and negative press,” Foley said. “This is part of the world we live in, and we understand this. No one here condones our players stepping out of line, and everyone here wants to get better.

“However, Urban Meyer and his staff are the best that I have seen in modifying behavior and, at the end of the day, the majority of the players who come through this program will make us all proud - and not just because they are good football players.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gato...meyer-jeremy-foley-address-gators-24-arrests/

Sorry Foley, but it's not easy to focus on the negative press when there hasn't been any. Besides a few local write ups in the Herald and PB post, and maybe some rival fan websites, none of these arrests have made public news. Oddly enough when Miami had there troubles they were on the front page of SI.

BTW, Gator Bytes, the Gator arrest total is 23 (Urban could field a prison yard team), not 20, and the "U" only had one arrest in which involved Robert Marve.

I am also amused by how they downplay some of the arrests. Let's take Jermaine Cunningham for instance. Mr. Cunningham was trying to steal his lunch that day and got snagged by the Jimmy John store clerk. Allegedly throwing paper cups... nice wording. I believe the actual report said he hit the store clerk resulting in a battery.

i like the miami and florida state stats. the difference? the gators are good. if miami and fsu were still relevant i'm sure they'd be right up there.

still not a good thing. but it's 6 in the morning and i can't believe i'm still alive.

bottom line gators are winning rings
when they are winning
the university is not going to be to upset about players getting in trouble.

the truth is any college would act like this... if they are winning big like like the gators have been for the last couple of years...

bottom line gators are winning rings
when they are winning
the university is not going to be to upset about players getting in trouble.

the truth is any college would act like this... if they are winning big like like the gators have been for the last couple of years...

-Urban to everyone else right now-

"Kiss the rings"

But in all seriousness...I respect Urban Meyer and the Florida program, Im not trying to start something with the Gators here, but this isn't acceptable, I also dont like the 4 stupid arrests OU has had this off-season, but lets not downplay this and at the same time lets not blow it up

yup...or kiss the a$$!! bottom line...no matter how many Gators are in "trouble"...they'll never surpass the past crooked State and UM teams of past!!...out of the 3...you gotta admit......there is ALOT less controversy involving Gator players.....am I incorrect??

Back
Top Bottom