US men's soccer team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US men's soccer team

I saw the game, and while it was nice to get a big win, it was against Barbados. We play them again next Sunday in Barbados in the second leg of the 2 game series.

all I will say is our team will be a lot more prepared for the 2010 world cup than they were for 2006 especially with all the young guys like Adu and Altidore (and hopefully Johnson) going to Europe. Plus, the team won't have as many MLS guys on the team (sans Donovan who is still the best player on the team)

The joys of being in the weakest qualifying section in the world :rolleyes2:

The joys of being in the weakest qualifying section in the world :rolleyes2:

take what you can get. The team is actually not bad. The showing at the last world cup had more to do with Arena sticking with WAY too many MLS players, and sticking with Keller in goal over Howard (though Keller didn't do bad given the circumstances, I think Howard is a better goalie)

take what you can get. The team is actually not bad. The showing at the last world cup had more to do with Arena sticking with WAY too many MLS players, and sticking with Keller in goal over Howard (though Keller didn't do bad given the circumstances, I think Howard is a better goalie)

Your best keeper IMO for many years is Brad Friedel, but of course quit the international game.

No doubt its not the US fault they are in such a weak section, but ultimelty it hurts the team because they dont play quality opposition.

Back
Top Bottom