USA to Play England...Maybe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA to Play England...Maybe?

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=303460&cc=5901

Would make for some interesting match. Would be great If Beckham came with England so the American Fans can kiss his *** so he can say I like it here and come join the MLS in his later years of his career and make the league more popular. This would also be a good match for our team as we would play one of the BETTER teams in the world. Unfortunately, this is still a year away. :down:

I don't care if we play England or not. A lot of US fans want to, but I don't see what the big deal is. They are a good side but I could care less if we ever had a friendly against them.

A lot of people's ancestors were English and a lot of people like that soccer team because they can relate to them since they speak English. Plus Beckham is a big thing and all. Just my dos centavos :up:

Friendlies are worthless but the exposure may help. Canada is soooo much better when it comes to soccer, except for the rediculous national team which is ranked 95th.

Doesn't Jamaica play U.S. soon? My dreads are gonna whoop USA's a**

ChambersOwnz84 said:

USA plays Jamaica in World Cup Qualifying in 2 months. The US has a way better team and will win. The best Jamaica can hope for in their Qualifying group is second place. If they finish second in their group, they will advance to the final stage which has 6 teams, and the top 3 go to the World Cup.

Jamaica did get to the World Cup in 1998 but I doubt they will get back. They simply aren't good enough to qualify IMO.

ChambersOwnz84 said:

:lol: It'll be a good game. I think Jamaica will put up a fight, more so then Grenade but we are going to win. Jamaica's GK and Defense is their weak points. I am sure Arena will exploit that. Like Ice said I doubt they make the World Cup but they could. It'll be USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, and maybe Jamaica can make it If they can beat the Asian team for the qualifying spot.

Prime Time said:
:lol: It'll be a good game. I think Jamaica will put up a fight, more so then Grenade but we are going to win. Jamaica's GK and Defense is their weak points. I am sure Arena will exploit that. Like Ice said I doubt they make the World Cup but they could. It'll be USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, and maybe Jamaica can make it If they can beat the Asian team for the qualifying spot.

This is a little early but one team that I like is Canada. They have a new coach in Frank Yallop (former San Jose Earthquakes coach) and he's pretty good. Also, they have some good players. It's a shame that Hargreaves turned his back on his country on birth and decided to play for England because he could have been a star on the Canadian NT instead of a backup for England. Canada looked great in their series against Belize.

Here are the semifinal groups:

Group A
USA
Jamaica
El Salvador
Panama

Group B
Costa Rica
Honduras
Canada
Guatemala

Group C
Mexico
Trinidad & Tobago
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent

The final 6 will be:
Costa Rica
Canada
Trinidad and Tobago
Mexico
USA
Jamaica

I agree on your final 6, althought St. Kitts could be a surprise and could beat out T&T. I also agree on Hargreaves, that is a shame :nono:. BTWm my final three will be

USA
Mexico
Canada

in that order with the other team (4th team) being Costa Rica and making the cup.

Prime Time said:
I agree on your final 6, althought St. Kitts could be a surprise and could beat out T&T. I also agree on Hargreaves, that is a shame :nono:. BTWm my final three will be

USA
Mexico
Canada

in that order with the other team (4th team) being Costa Rica and making the cup.

Costa Rica should be playing so much better. They barely got past Cuba. :shakeno: Still, I think they are good enough to advance to the World Cup. They were first in Qualifying last time around and there are only two more talented teams in CONCACAF, which are the USA and Mexico. Costa Rica is a lot more talented than any other team in the region besides the USA and Mexico.

I agree but now that I think about it, Honduras is going to put up a fight and I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat out C.R. to the next round.

iceblizzard69 said:
This is a little early but one team that I like is Canada. They have a new coach in Frank Yallop (former San Jose Earthquakes coach) and he's pretty good. Also, they have some good players. It's a shame that Hargreaves turned his back on his country on birth and decided to play for England because he could have been a star on the Canadian NT instead of a backup for England. Canada looked great in their series against Belize.

Hargreaves is a punk, always has been always will be. Another reason to hate the English! haha

Canada has some real good young talent for once. Iain Hume absolutely STARRED at the Under-21 World Championships where Canada were a HUGE suprise. Dwayne DeRosario, Julian DeGuzman and Lars Hirshfeld are good players. Radzinski has to play well for Canada to even think about making it to the final 6.

Back
Top Bottom